Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    mine did it for free lol. but you'll probably get charged around $50, try prepping it urself

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda civic ek4
    I just colour coded my moudlings using this "DIY" awesum stuff man =D Worked wonders!!

** Just a tip guys: Remember to let the "colour coded paint" dry before spraying "clear coat" because the chemicals in the two paints mix can make a weird gray colour... that what happened to me but I just sanded it down again and retry

Member Array
    Car:
    08' Euro CU2
    sweet job ek4vtir =)
    any pics of the job?
    yeah sanding is important, i just did my mirrors too, will perhaps get some pics up later on during the week, dont have camera with me now.

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Did you cut and polish after finishing it ?
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Member Array
    Car:
    08' Euro CU2
    no not yet, gonna give the paint some time to cure first.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ek4Vtir View Post
    I just colour coded my moudlings using this "DIY" awesum stuff man =D Worked wonders!!

** Just a tip guys: Remember to let the "colour coded paint" dry before spraying "clear coat" because the chemicals in the two paints mix can make a weird gray colour... that what happened to me but I just sanded it down again and retry
    this is not true with 2pac. with 2pac spray one over the other just enough to let the surface of basecoat dry

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 -> DC2R
    umm 2 pac you wont really be DIYing nemore. You usually need a booth, repirator and all that as it has toxic chemicals etc. lol

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Quote Originally Posted by RtN View Post
    umm 2 pac you wont really be DIYing nemore. You usually need a booth, repirator and all that as it has toxic chemicals etc. lol
    Sif need a booth lawlz.

Garage + wet floor = win.

Everything has toxic chemicals.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 -> DC2R
    haha but 2pac is particularly toxic with its fumes etc. but yeh anyway lol

haha, did this to my gf's ek today, side skirts n bumper strips all around, gotta love DIY. ill post pics soon.. one thing i noted, there's only 2 screws at the front of the skirt.. also how'd u do the mirrors? diy for that?

Member Array
    Car:
    08' Euro CU2
    best way to do mirrors would be to actually remove them (easier this way)
    just take the door trim off and use a flathead screwdriver, the black triangle should pop out with a bit of pressure.
    should then find 3 screws inside there holding the mirror to the car, unscrew them and you have a car without mirrors. tape and spray away =)

I remember using this clear coat on my amber corners, it was.. um, K&H Clear Coat Acrylic or something. Anyways, after i sprayed it, it went a really matte look

now im spraying my lip kit, and wells, i don't want it to have a matte finish on them. though the kit is fibreglass, and the amber corners where plastic/glass or whatever it was, so they are different materials.

should i just buy polish (anyone recommend anything) from autobarn just incase. because my car is pretty new, and the paint is in.. well ok condition(alot of swirls and hits though . ) But yeah, from far, car is so shiny, even if when you come up close and its all brown dots over it from rain.. so yeah

am i using the wrong clear coat or what
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i