Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EF9 and EVO9

5 stud brake conversion or upgrade brakes

i searched and couldn't find anything so i hope you guys can help!

which would be better and cost less?

if its the brake upgrade could you guys tell me what i need to buy to upgrade the brakes?

Thanks.

Brakes upgrades for EG/EK's ?

Best bang for buck, will be a set of good pads.

Very little improvement to be had unless you're spending a lot of time at the track.

Bigger rotors/calipers might be a requirement for an engineering certificate, but otherwise, on the street, save your cash for an alignment, a set of good sticky tyres, an ASR brace and sway bar.

Still keen for bigger brakes?

here some good info

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?p=423266

Nick.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    itr front brake conversion will set you back about $350-$450. tHE STOPPING POWER IS VERY NOTICABLE.
    5 lug conversion is good in that you can run the larger drive shafts (not really needed unless you run some hi-power stuff) + the additional rears along with the above. But it also give you the bling of 5 lug wheels.
    & you get normally the struts, not sure if you get the calipers all the time, sometimes you need to buy them seperate.
    $1000-$1200

End of the day its your money
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    As Limbo said, depends on budget and application but if good rotors, pads and fluids are used you will be very suprised at the difference, if you think you'll be tracking often then an upgrade in fronts size wise be it from an itr or other honda is worth looking at and can be done at a good price if you shop well.

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Prelude VTi-R
    How much do the DC2R hubs etc go for? and what is needed to fit in the EG? Im also looking to do a 5 stud conversion and looking for info.. anyone know a write up etc?
    BB6 Prelude H22A4 CP 11.5:1 pistons, eagle rods, shaved deck 12.3:1 comp, Type S cams, lovefab header, s200, 65mm TB, 2.5" through...
    NA WARRIOR

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99180

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchman View Post
    How much do the DC2R hubs etc go for? and what is needed to fit in the EG? Im also looking to do a 5 stud conversion and looking for info.. anyone know a write up etc?

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Prelude VTi-R
    you are god.
    cheers
    Last edited by Mitchman; 28-10-2008 at 04:13 PM. Reason: why the hell did I want to close the thread?! lol sorry!
    BB6 Prelude H22A4 CP 11.5:1 pistons, eagle rods, shaved deck 12.3:1 comp, Type S cams, lovefab header, s200, 65mm TB, 2.5" through...
    NA WARRIOR

Member Array
    Car:
    EF9 and EVO9
    i have the money for the 5 lug but i would rather use the money on something else. getting a b18cR put into my civic.

would i need to upgrade my bb and mc or are the vti-r ones sufficient to run the 5 lug?

Account Disabled Array
    your stock brakes are more than enough. Just get good pads and slotted rotors.

5 lug is good if you have the spare cash.

You will only upgrade brakes if you do alot of track work. Your not going to do 180kph on the freeway and brake hard!

Member Array
    Car:
    EF9 and EVO9
    ok, thanks for the info guys. i will probably just get pads and slotted rotors.

reason being is i want work cr kais in 16' and they dont come in 5x114.3 :O

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    Quote Originally Posted by vampzzz View Post
    i have the money for the 5 lug but i would rather use the money on something else. getting a b18cR put into my civic.

would i need to upgrade my bb and mc or are the vti-r ones sufficient to run the 5 lug?

get a half-cut they usually throw in the front struts & calipers.

Then you can go front 5 stud and await a rear conversion or modify the ITR calipers to fit your car.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    EF9 and EVO9
    i've decided to get some RDA rotors and endless brake pads.

should i do anything else to make my brakes better, or that should be enough to stop a b18cR in my car?