Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    RA109 / BGP001

bridgestone re001 vs toyo t1r

im looking to get some new tyres asap. i currently got toyo transpath ones and i must say they are quite bad in wet conditions.

looking for an upgrade to something good and heard good reviews about the potenza adrenaline and t1r. this is mainly for daily driving with a track day or two thrown in there.

so.. my question is what are your opinions on the two tyres if or if not you have had experience with both of them.

the lowest quote i got from brisbane so far after calling around 10 different places was 367 for the potenza's and 240 for t1r's. are the re001's really worth that much over the t1r's ?

thanks in advance

Member Array
    Car:
    fd1
    i use re001 on my fd and ive taken it to tracks/skid pan events and they work ver well. what size are you going for? just for a comparison if you are looking at similar tire sizes i paid 265 per corner fit/bal for 225 45 r17.

in terms of grip, (i had the toyo transpaths as previous tires aswell funnily enough) there is a huge difference. re001 is quite good in the wet aswell,

having said that i read a few t1r vs re001 arguments on google and they seem to be pretty similar and just down to personal preference.

anyways you wont go wrong with either

good luck with your choice
    2012 BMW S1000rr - 184whp, 9.733s @ 148.27mph - Quick enough!
    2006 Honda Civic - 101whp, 61s BBGL Short - When I need a bbt.

Member Array
    Car:
    Swift ZC31s
    I would go for the Toyo T1R because of the price difference.

Member Array
    Car:
    96 civic coupe vti
    Quote Originally Posted by tank View Post
    I would go for the Toyo T1R because of the price difference.
    +1

i have t1r atm and they are great....both in the wet and dry.....dont think the difference in price is worth it.....i got my t1r (215/40/16) from a trader here for 150 per corner including delivery.

Member Array
    Car:
    fd1
    damn you guys with 15/16inch rims :P i cant believe re001 was so cheap for 195 55 r15 or what ever it was
    lols
    2012 BMW S1000rr - 184whp, 9.733s @ 148.27mph - Quick enough!
    2006 Honda Civic - 101whp, 61s BBGL Short - When I need a bbt.

Member Array
    Car:
    S14,s15,s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by rk 86 wa View Post
    damn you guys with 15/16inch rims :P i cant believe re001 was so cheap for 195 55 r15 or what ever it was
    lols
    got my re001s for 130 fitted .
    size 195/50/r15
    my opinion- love em to death , grip above average in the dry feel similar to my mickey thompson drag radials, yet to test in the wet.

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    um.. after driving on Proxes4/T1r/RE001 my vote goes to RE001 for wet... i can't really tell much difference in dry conditions but cornering in the wet re001 wins for me.

"price difference" is a gay excuse... i still don't understand why car 'enthusiasts' skimp out on quality tyres...
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    IVTEC
    i dun like re001 lol, just personal preference i rather T1R (driven on friends car) re001 doesnt give me a responsive steering and seems like i roll more .. im on stock suspension stuff so yer

way i compared them was just takin the same corner (that i noe well) as fast as i can without it starting to slide or me lose confidence and i cant take those corners nearly as fast as i used to with old PP2's and then i tried on the lil islands not speeding just takin the corner same way as i used to and re001 doesnt have the instant response and i roll more when i turn left then suddenly right (thru those lil islands) .. last test was on straight road in damp wet conditions just accel off line normally and then hit vtec : with PP2's just grips n keeps goin like normal, re001 wheelspin as soon as i hit vtec .. T1R feel awesome in my friends car feels same as my old pp2's
    Last edited by andiiso; 22-10-2008 at 07:06 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Corolla G
    Quote Originally Posted by dsp26 View Post
    um.. after driving on Proxes4/T1r/RE001 my vote goes to RE001 for wet... i can't really tell much difference in dry conditions but cornering in the wet re001 wins for me.

"price difference" is a gay excuse... i still don't understand why car 'enthusiasts' skimp out on quality tyres...

I totally agree, I dont know why 'car enthusiasts' get upgraded brakes, light weight wheels etc and then skimp out on tyres when its pretty much in contact with the road most of the time.

I personally would go get the RE001, over the T1R as I've tested both in various sizes and find the RE001 more grippier.

Member Array
    Car:
    eg sedan
    i have t1r. they grip really well in wet and dry compared to my previous tyres which were regal rd3100. but thats not really a good comparison. tried a friends car with re001, actually its rk 86 wa's car. grip levels seem similar. hard to tell apart because different civic chasis and suspension mods.

Member Array
    Car:
    RA109 / BGP001
    hmm.. thanks well from the feedback i got here and reading up on other forums the two seem to be pretty on par with eachother. ill give the t1r's a go first and then the re001s next time.

thanks for the prompt feedback everyone.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by hooyn View Post
    hmm.. thanks well from the feedback i got here and reading up on other forums the two seem to be pretty on par with eachother. ill give the t1r's a go first and then the re001s next time.

thanks for the prompt feedback everyone.
    That was what I would have done too.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2