Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 Vti-R

whiteline itr sway bar able to fit teg?

I've made a wrong order for a Whiteline 24mm rear heavy duty adjustable which is meant for a itr. The part number for an ITR is BHR72Z, which is different from a dc2 vtir (BHR36Z). I understand that I might need some kind of subframe reinforcement to prevent the swaybar from tearing up the subframe of the car. Will the LCA cause any installation issue? My question is whether the 24mm swaybar will fit onto my teg with or without installing the subframe. Or should I just made some changes to my order?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    Do the right+safe thing

Change the order
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 Vti-R
    just an update as I contacted whiteline regarding this and was told that it wouldn't fit a teg due to the difference in design. Not sure whether they were referring to the size of the sway bar or the design as a whole. Hopefully this would serve as an information to all yeah, anyway, I've made a change to my order and all is good. Just need a grab a reinforcement subframe now.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by Tap.Ris View Post
    just an update as I contacted whiteline regarding this and was told that it wouldn't fit a teg due to the difference in design. Not sure whether they were referring to the size of the sway bar or the design as a whole. Hopefully this would serve as an information to all yeah, anyway, I've made a change to my order and all is good. Just need a grab a reinforcement subframe now.
    Size of the bar is only limited by manufacturer usually...not so much the car itself...its possible to have a 24mm swaybar as long as you have suitable reinforcement as the DC2/4 subframes are quite weak. I purchased the BHR36XZ and if your car is lowered you will have clearance issues. It goes very close to hitting the LCA and even though it's possible to flip the swaybar around...i found it to be less effective and causes major exhaust clearance issues.

I just modified the ABS sensor bracket to ensure clearance. To be brutally honest Whiteline's Product lines are under developed and could improve on build quality and design precision.

Whiteline have their own reinforcement option for the dc2 Non-R... It actually comes with the Swaybar itself now...I made the mistake of ordering a Swaybar as well as reinforcement so I had a spare one left over...the only differance is you dont get the tie bar...however it is possible to order it seperately.

Tie Bar #: KSB710 RRP$70 from memory.
    Last edited by Sp00ny; 30-10-2008 at 09:59 PM.
    >> Now Known as "Phased"

Member Array
    Car:
    00' PY DC2R
    firstly, itr uses a different control arm as opposed to a vtir, so the ends wont fit.

its the same design still, afterall its the same chassis, just dat being the swaybar is connected to both ur left and right control arm, and these swaybars are not meant for ur car.

MAYBE:

u can try look for dc2r endlinks ( to connect swaybar to control arm ) - rare and might be pretty expensive

or

sell it but i doubt many itr owners would change to the whiteline 1 as audm itr is already 22/23mm and the whiteline offered is 24mm?
    I my Honda

EJ8 - DC2 - EM1 - DC2R - CP9A - CT9A - CL9

Member Array
    Car:
    00' PY DC2R
    subframe is not that critical on dc/eg as opposed to EK due to the design.

EK has really weak subframe structure therefore there's quite a few cases of EK breaking their subframes.

If u corner ur car hard or track ur car, get the subframe for that ease of mind.
    I my Honda

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by vteccoupe View Post
    firstly, itr uses a different control arm as opposed to a vtir, so the ends wont fit.

its the same design still, afterall its the same chassis, just dat being the swaybar is connected to both ur left and right control arm, and these swaybars are not meant for ur car.

MAYBE:

u can try look for dc2r endlinks ( to connect swaybar to control arm ) - rare and might be pretty expensive

or

sell it but i doubt many itr owners would change to the whiteline 1 as audm itr is already 22/23mm and the whiteline offered is 24mm?
    I understand your theory but if the endlinks and swaybar were different then how would it be possible to fit an OEM-R bar and endlinks on OEM VTi-R lca's. This is alot more common than aftermarket options. Also the whiteline swaybars come with their own endlinks so if the oem r links fit the non-r lca... I don't see what the restriction would be. I also have a mate that has exactly the same Whiteline Swaybar Kit as me and he has ITR LCA's with no issues. Besides the usual clearance issues so its neccesary to invert the swaybar.

subframe is not that critical on dc/eg as opposed to EK due to the design.

EK has really weak subframe structure therefore there's quite a few cases of EK breaking their subframes.

If u corner ur car hard or track ur car, get the subframe for that ease of mind.
    Regardless of theoretical strength differances I wouldn't run a bigger swaybar on a subframe that wasnt designed for it, you are just asking for trouble. Best to play it safe.
    Last edited by Sp00ny; 31-10-2008 at 11:09 AM.
    >> Now Known as "Phased"

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 Vti-R
    Any upgraded swaybar on the rear of a 94 Integra will cause problems with the subframe, unfortunately they just aren't very strong. The BHR36XZ swaybar kit comes complete with heavy duty mounting hardware to eliminate this issue so you won't need to purchase any additional products.
    Received a reply from whiteline from above. There's no need to purchase any reinforcement!

Member Array
    Car:
    00' PY DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp00ny View Post
    Regardless of theoretical strength differances I wouldn't run a bigger swaybar on a subframe that wasnt designed for it, you are just asking for trouble. Best to play it safe.

yea, just to play safe, if i had a vtir i would get a subframe reinforcement nontheles, i was just implying at my previous reply that dc subframe is not as fragile as ek

if u wanna be cheap can always get a custom subframe reinforcement, not too hard to mimick ASR's haha
    I my Honda

I've made a wrong order for a Whiteline 24mm rear heavy duty adjustable which is meant for a itr. The part number for an ITR is BHR72Z, which is different from a dc2 vtir (BHR36Z). I understand that I might need some kind of subframe reinforcement to prevent the swaybar from tearing up the subframe of the car. Will the LCA cause any installation issue? My question is whether the 24mm swaybar will fit onto my teg with or without installing the subframe. Or should I just made some changes to my order?

i will tell you a straight to the point answer.

This swaybar , will NOT fit onto your car. The swaybar is made for te ITR rear subframe , which is slightly different design to the EG or DC.

The only way for it to fit , is to use a BEAKS or ASR brace , which replicates the ITR rear subframe.

BTW ITR rear control arms share the same mount points for the endlink and bush points as EG and DC control arms. So generally any ITR swaybar , will fit on a car that has EG or DC control arms and vice versa

Member Array
    Car:
    00' PY DC2R
    ahhh icicic..thanks for clarifying.

btw i heard that OEM endlinks are the best as compared to aftermarket ones and are very expensive as well. is that true?
    I my Honda

ahhh icicic..thanks for clarifying.

btw i heard that OEM endlinks are the best as compared to aftermarket ones and are very expensive as well. is that true?
    Definitely ! OEM end links are the best you can get.

Only problem is OEM endlinks will often not suit whiteline products (their bars are alittle thicker than oem)