Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    zco is there really that much?
    When i drove my friend's car (he did have 16s vs my 15s) i thought the t1r was better.
    I've got the re001 currently and they are quite good.

maybe cos the car is setup differently and there is now more power i don't notice the difference
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

> [RE-001] it something along the lines of 340AA

my bad. I thought RE-001's where lower than that.

Nick.

Member Array
    Car:
    fd1
    re001 has a tread wear rating of 220 as stated on my tires lol
    2012 BMW S1000rr - 184whp, 9.733s @ 148.27mph - Quick enough!
    2006 Honda Civic - 101whp, 61s BBGL Short - When I need a bbt.

Member Array
    Car:
    ek
    unless this is a diff tyre ? LOL
    same pattern ? its labelled as a diff model, but i just figured it was overseas model LOL

3rd last tyre on this page, listed as the RE760
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compare1.jsp?width=205%2F&ratio=45&diameter=16&sta rtIndex=0&search=true&pagelen=20&pagenum=1&pagemar k=1&x=72&y=12&RunFlat=All

my apologies if its incorrect.

limbo: yepp.. the turn in is better and i find that it feels more stable turning at higher speeds. but this is all MY opinion lol not facts !
    Last edited by zco; 24-10-2008 at 05:04 PM.
    12.949 @ 107.71mph
    2.063 60ft on Advan AD08
    EKK20A 142.9kw on 98ron

its not called stance if you're on spacers..

Member Array
    Car:
    eg sedan
    t1r is 280 treadwear and AA traction.

Member Array
    Car:
    RA109 / BGP001
    lol well i didnt end up getting either. my front tyres still had reasonable tread on them so i just swapped them to the back and got 2 new ones for the front. still the toyo transpath ones -_-

> AA traction.

the traction figure is a wet road traction rating.

Nick.

Member Array
    Car:
    eg sedan
    yeh i think the rating is quite vague too... i have these bct tyres on my work car and they are rated A. they dont grip in the wet lol... its just massive wheelspin and understeer if you try to accelerate a bit.

ive got re001s on my lude, at 1st i found them great compared to my old budget tyres. however after driving around with them for the past 4-5 months, i find that they aint really as great as every1 say they are. in the dry i still understeer when i push it a bit, i also wheelspin a bit in 2nd gear and in the wet their great until u take a corner with medium throttle.

however they are great for the price. i paid $119 each for 15s

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by SXC-84K View Post
    ive got re001s on my lude, at 1st i found them great compared to my old budget tyres. however after driving around with them for the past 4-5 months, i find that they aint really as great as every1 say they are. in the dry i still understeer when i push it a bit, i also wheelspin a bit in 2nd gear and in the wet their great until u take a corner with medium throttle.

however they are great for the price. i paid $119 each for 15s
    Is your car's suspension stock? As tyres won't change body roll/cornering balance (noticably). Steering response a little bit...but alot of the handling is also reliant on your suspension/chassis.

Don't forget after tyres wear in (as you noticed), the grip levels change...when they're new they are usually very soft (provided they're within legal selling age).

I do think I can understand people's point of view though whenever they criticize a tyre that everyone speaks so highly off...alot of tyres are put on a pedastal to the point where people get the impression that its going to be the differance between 1:40 lap times and 1:20.

Not going to happen when they are both street tyres that have to have a legal degree of safety in the wet and reasonable wear levels.

You should give Yokohama S-Drives a try next time
    Last edited by Sp00ny; 25-10-2008 at 10:04 PM.
    >> Now Known as "Phased"

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD2
    never use RE001 before.. but i have used T1-R on 205/35/R18 on my little compact car.. very good in dry condition.. but in wet.. still good.. but if really compare to my previous Falken FK452 in 215/35/R18.. FK452 really good in wet.. i think i should save some bucks to try on the RE001.. =)

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    never use RE001 before.. but i have used T1-R on 205/35/R18 on my little compact car.. very good in dry condition.. but in wet.. still good.. but if really compare to my previous Falken FK452 in 215/35/R18.. FK452 really good in wet.. i think i should save some bucks to try on the RE001.. =)
    I've got a feeling you wouldn't regret it .

A main reason I am not partial to the T1R's is their "V" tread design. Every tyre I have driven with this or similar pattern seem to let me down when it comes to Dry Weather traction.
    >> Now Known as "Phased"