Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit

What HID's are you using?

Hi guys,

My HID's are about to go any day now, so I need to make up my mind.

What HID's are you using, or what have you used in the past? Have any of these screwed up on you.

Originally I was going to get the APP (Aviation Performance Products) kit from Autojoy - but I have my doubts that they are indeed the real thing.

I need a HID that sparks first time everytime, and that lasts a long time, and doesn't mind getting wet a little.

Has anyone tried the MTEC HID's, I read up on them, apparenty they are up there with PIAA ones. Unfortunately, I can't even find any PIAA HB4/9006 HID kits. Just wanting to know if anyone has any first hand experience with these (MTEC or PIAA preferably). They are quite pricey, so just want to be sure.

Thanks for reading guys, and any discussion regarding different types of HID's would appreciated.

Cheers,

Rix.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    i'm using the mtec hids now, brought them since i got my car and it still going good. Have them for about 16months and had no problems with them.

DBG Krogoth Array
    Car:
    M35
    same...i got mtec HIDs (h3s for my old projectors) from the trader Liquidsound here, never had any problems...now i'm using them as foglights
    Team Yum Cha Daily

DBG - A New Revolution in Car Modding

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2
    mtec are great had them for around 2.5 years now no problems

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    currently undergoing testing of cheap ebay HID's =] 2 months and going strong.

seeing as everything is made in china these days. i cant see why you cant give the cheapos a try.
    though my one aint the really cheap ones. bought em for 120 with warranty =] but china brand. will report soon as it blows. if it blows lol -.-"

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    im using the 6000k H4 GT HID from Mu Secret. i installed it myself.. was very easy..
    but dont get hi-lows like i did.. coz its bright as shit no matter what... hi-beam just owns on-coming traffic in the face