Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    JDM DC5R
    Check your wiring to your amps, some amps haven't the best terminal setup. There is a chance that your + and - on your amps are too close and somehow you are shorting power to them.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    R.I.P '91 eg3 1.5dualcarb
    never paid any attention to systems til now. this whole sound thing is giving me a headache. just checked the terminal and bettery tie down strap but it looks good. just assuming all components are fine since this started only when i did some engine work. i did manage to find a long cube thing in my crossovers got a snapped connection on one side. could this be it??..

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    just a question. before we actually jump to another "solution"

what work did you do on the engine?
    electrical? if so, what component was worked on.

lets get that outta the way first and move on.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ok cool.
    well i worked on the carby - just took the whole air box out and drilled holes around it and put it back in. i'm not full sure if i correctly plugged in a few hoses to the air box but the car runs fine so i guess it's all plugged in alright. lol
    thinking back there was an electrical wire that clamps on to the air box so i had to un-plug that then unclamp it from the air box. then plug it and clamp it back on the airbox after i was done drilling holes.

thinking back again, a small nut dropped in near the axles but couldn't find it on the ground when i moved the car. another 10mm socket dropped in near the battery. i left it on the shocks top mount area and hit it. now i know where that rock smashing sound came from while i was driving the other day..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    update - rewired everything from ground up according to instructions. started up the car and it worked. used the car cig lighter up the road and heard a squeaking sound. head unit then shows no display but eats/ejects cd's. cig lighter not working also. was happy for 2 mins. i think this time it's a little more specific on the problem area that i wish to find a solution for.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD1
    you couldn't have possibly damaged any wiring when u were drilling holes could u?

i just ask because i had a mate of mine do this himself once. he accidentally drilled through his fuel pump relay wiring when installing neons.. then grounded half the circuit to the chassis with a mounting screw without realising... wondered why he kept blowing an ignition fuse when he tried to start his car :P