Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2004 Euro Luxury

[CL9] squealing noise -> brakes?

had my 04 euro serviced a month ago in perth, drove 400ks home and have only done ~100ks around town since (car has done 42000ks)..

mrs took the car out yesterday to go into town and on the way back it started making a horrible squealing noise when moving (forward and reverse) without having the brake pedal engaged.

it was really high pitched. i took it for a spin not long after to investigate and it only did it when i reversed out of the driveway and then didnt do it again. ive driven it around town again this morning and it hasnt done it.

im going to call the mechanic on monday and ask if they checked the brakes (report says they did).. does this sound like brake pad squeal? why would you hear it when the brakes arent being pushed?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Time to replace your brake pads. Also check that the brake dust shield is not touching the rotors.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2004 Euro Luxury
    when i looked at them there was plenty of space between the two.. obviously car was stationary..

mechanic report said the brake pads still had life in them..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    I had it once, it was a very loud squee.... sound and call in to a brake place because Honda got all book out. By the time I got there the sound was gone. They took a good look and found nothing. They told me it could be a little stone got stuck in between the pad or something.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06 manual honda euro
    this has happended to me b4....drove to school and nothing was wrong and then took of to a friends place and started to notice squealing noises in the brake pads/brakes. realli scared me at the time becuz it was quite loud and i thought my brakes were faulty or something but yeah pulled over stop the car and had a look then drove slowly off and nothing....i think i got something stuck in it when i was driving through the carpark or something......still not sure till this day

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    Yeah this has happened to me twice, gravel or pebbles get inbetween the rotors and pads, you just gotta wait it out. 1st time it happened to me it lasted for about 15 minutes of driving, 2nd time was about 10 seconds. Just gotta wait for whatever is there to get ground down small enough to fall out on it's own
    CL9 Euro Luxury

Toda - 127kW | Wakefield - 1:19.1 | WSID - 15.4

QUALITY K-SERIES AND CL9 EURO PARTS FOR SALE

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    AGREED with integral90.

Had the problem with a pebble stuck on the front rotor/pad and it was a hectic scream during midnight when no cars are around.

Get a metal ruler of some sort and scrap in between and see if you can find a pebble otherwise it might be the problem as aaron suggested.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9