Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    FD2

Honda introduces the All-New Legend

http://world.honda.com/news/2004/4041007.html

and images:

Taken from here.

i think the potential for the nerdish-sounding SH-AWD has been discussed before, but no doubt, a great leap forward from the current staid model.....
    Last edited by wynode; 08-10-2004 at 01:36 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    4thGen Civic GL
    There are a few other threads pertaining to this. But thought i would write in this one.

Picked up the October Wheels, and they had a short write up of the '05 Honda Legend. As stated elsewhere on this site, it is AWD with Honda's SH-AWD (Super-Handling-All-Wheel-Drive) They test drove the Legend in prototype form at Honda's test track at Takasu in Hokkaido.

They give it good acclaim thus far, and is aimed at 5 series & E-Class buyers at an estimated $85k.

Extensive use of alluminium has been used, including: bonnet, guards, suspension, subframe & bootlid. It also has an Adaptive Front Lighting System that can swivel the headlights up to 20degrees in either direction depending on vehicle speed and steering. Production version should come with 18" inch wheels.

They refer to the interior as "impressive" & the cabin "eerily quiet".

Quick specs are:
    3.5L VTEC V6 DOHC 24v (not sure if that is i-VTEC or just VTEC)
    Power is 220kW & 353Nm and comes in a 5-speed auto with F1 style paddleshift levers.
    Last edited by bizee_1; 08-10-2004 at 02:20 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    I just hope this means they'll sell more than none a year....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R 00'
    does this thing come in a manual version... love the interior.. noice!

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2
    Quote Originally Posted by ੮®ப
    does this thing come in a manual version... love the interior.. noice!
    doubt it mate, this thing is supposed to be a Lexus LS430/Toyota Celsior competitor

smooth cruising auto for the fat cats (althought it has tiptronic if you want to go racing!), no doubt something will try and 'bling' it up VIP style

also does anyone else think the interior looks a bit like the accord euro - the dash, steering wheel etc, and to a lesser extent, the exterior too? any euro owners out there, what do you think?
    Last edited by 7th Gen; 09-10-2004 at 10:08 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    In black with a mugen bodykit, blingy 19s and heaviest tint around, and I'd say it is serious VIP Potential

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2
    Quote Originally Posted by McChook
    In black with a mugen bodykit, blingy 19s and heaviest tint around, and I'd say it is serious VIP Potential
    did you know there was a mugen kit b4 you said that?
    http://www.mugen-power.com/street/LEGEND0410/m1.html

Member Array
    Car:
    1999 EK Civic GLi HB
    That Mugen kit looks crazy. I like the look and featues of this new Legend. Will they release a coupe for this line? Only thing I don't know about is the price tag - to compete with Mercs and BMW's etc... I don't think Honda has the market for that niche.

Member Array
    Car:
    ekhatch
    damn man... looks hot... the mogen one

VIP

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by skoota
    Only thing I don't know about is the price tag - to compete with Mercs and BMW's etc... I don't think Honda has the market for that niche.
    That's what everyone said about the euro. Look at it now.

What a very sweet car. If only I had the money.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2
    Quote Originally Posted by skoota
    That Mugen kit looks crazy. I like the look and featues of this new Legend. Will they release a coupe for this line? Only thing I don't know about is the price tag - to compete with Mercs and BMW's etc... I don't think Honda has the market for that niche.
    have not heard anything about a coupe (you mean the old legend coupe), however there are FF and AWD versions. please, please honda aus bring out the AWD version!!!!

RRP for the current legend is 86,550, which is way under the germans (7 series and S class). lexus LS430 is more than double at an eye-watering 175,900. somehow i think the new legend will have to jack up it's price from current cause it has so many extra goodies.................

Member Array
    Car:
    RustBox
    omg.. i think im gonna wet my pants.... whaaaaaa
    ٩( ͡๏̯͡๏)۶ www.crxaustralia.com ಠ_ಠ