Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 06

Mounting amps to the rear seats

Hi Guys,

just after some info on how to mount amps...

i have 2 kicker amps currently on top of my 2x12" sony subs

the back of the rear seats are pretty hollow with wires keeping the clothe in shape...

ovbiously i can just bolt the amps on...how do you use mount your amps? i would perfer not to have it mounted to the sub as it is not big enough to cover the whole amps and perfer not to make any holes on it..

any ideas would be great!

cheers,

I'd just make a custom tray and mount it on that...
    Who's your messiah now!

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz VTI-S

Thumbs up

i mounted it on straight on the back seats

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 06
    how did you mount it to the back of the rear seats?
    its just thin wire no thicker than clothes hangers?

custom tray like a plank of wood thats carpeted the same color as the seat would be a good idea also but how would i go about mounting that to the back seats?

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport
    hey... why not mount the amps under the front seats.... i was about to mount them on the back of the rear seats... but then i won't be able to use the magic seats hehehe....

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz VTI-S
    Yeh i thought of doing under the seat but my amp didn't fit. The people sitting at the back will probably kick it lol.

I used Self Drilling Wing Tip screws and its solid like a rock

i'm not exactly sure how mine are mounted, given that i had a professional install it but from what i gather the opened up the seat and made a bracket underneath the cloth so the amp can be bolted to. How, i have no idea but i can feel the timber under the material and i know the wiring for my monitors feed into the seat itself
    I haven't driven a Honda in years. :/ Does my honda lawn mower and whipper snipper count?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 06
    i could rip out the back cover of the rear seats as i noticed theres 2 plastic buttons that holds the cloth in place, and i could get a plank of wood bolted to the rear wires and put the clothe cover back on

hows that sound?

Take it apart and have a look and compromise i guess? ultimately the decision is yours?
    Who's your messiah now!