Page 14 of 65 FirstFirst ... 4111213141516172464 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    87 Honda CRX
    i can usually get around 450km to a tank in the crx......
    wish i could say the same for the cordia :-(

Member Array
    Car:
    Turbo EG Sedan
    Posting for a friend:-

I've had this 93 EG hatch 1.5l carbie for the past 6 months now, everything is factory stock and i seem to only get 300-350km out of a full tank, and that's pushing it right to the empty line. This is using just regular ULP, and driving everyday in the suburbs changing gears at around the 2.5k-3k mark. When i bought the car, it had just had the radiator, timing belt and water pump changed. On freeway runs sometimes, maybe i can get 400km if i'm lucky. I was under the impression that this car should be making at least an easy 500km+. It does however have a tiny hole in the exhaust somewhere, but im not sure if that would be the cause of the bad fuel consumption. Does anyone know what i should be checking out for to make the fuel economy better? I was thinking of changing the ignition components such as the leads and plugs, but is there anything else i should be looking at?

Thanks in advance =)

(Also posted in the Civic model specific/fuel thread, but doesn't seem anyones checking there too often)
    Last edited by paulosportz; 08-04-2006 at 09:33 AM.

Member Array
    revive an old thread!!

i just got 470km out of my 85 civic!
    1.5L 12 valve sohc carby power ahahah

really Ross, is that all how many Litres left....I used to get 600 + out of my old AH (freeway) and atleast 500 - 550km city. BTW mine used to love magnatec oil!

Member Array
    damn quyen...
    i feel rorted now..
    the guy told me he could get 550km...
    i think ive been driving it a bit too hard though ahaha

i'll have to see what it does after a service then..

lol...I got close to 700kms many times after I started using magnatec oil when servicing...don't know why but it just loved the stuff....and yes, I used to drive it hard too!

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 CL9 Lux
    I just got 390km out of my Civic (start/stop traffic)...can get 550km driving to and from the gong.

my car hasnt been tuned for awhile (got tuned yesterday, after my 390k tank). I'm hoping to see an improvment now
    '04 CL9 6spd Lux | front and rear Hardrace camber arms | Injen CAI | BC Racing Coilovers | DBA slotted rotors |

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 93 VTi Sedan
    i was using magnatec and getting easily 500+ Km's (with fun!) from a full tank, when highway driving almost 650-700Km's now im using penrite and the economy is still the same... but i always go down to at least like 2L in the tank before i fill up, is that bad for the car??

Adam

Member Array
    Car:
    civic coupe
    man i car is shit too, i can onli get around 410 on a full tank, i think dats shit for a civic vti-r.
    just wondering is there any way to improve on that

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EF9
    civic b16, 430km with normal driving . thats 40L.
    im surprised some of you guys are claiming 500-600km! sounds like a hybrid

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    abt 450km to drain the tank dwn = normal driving

Member Array
    Car:
    EK sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by adza33
    i was using magnatec and getting easily 500+ Km's (with fun!) from a full tank, when highway driving almost 650-700Km's now im using penrite and the economy is still the same... but i always go down to at least like 2L in the tank before i fill up, is that bad for the car??

Adam

can wear out your injectors a bit quickers. because you could be geting air in the injectors.
    not being a smart ass... but is that what vtec feels like? turning the aircon off?