Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stunts

Stunts

Can anyone do them? I havent got a new bike yet so havent purchased a stunt cage either but can anyone stunt on their motorcycle?

question
    say i was doing a wheelie and landed roughly and tank slap, would the steering dampener ELIMINATE the tank slap? or just reduces the percentage of getting a tank slapper? Has anyone got advices for doing power wheelies? any what bikes do you do them on

very expensive hobby. i know.
    looking for aftermarket FN2R parts ! pm me !

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    i know how to do a wheelie, and a small stoppie, and i also know how to ride the tank, jsut sit on the tank at ridden it all the way up orange grove, not too sure about the steering dampener, practise this on a smaller bike before purchasing a bigger bike and doing it, i practised all this on a cbr250rr good bikes :P
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9
    im too scared to try to even pop it my bike atm, its a 250rr as well

advice?

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    LMAO how long yuo been riding for? it tok me 6 months to actually keep gunning it and shit, just don't shit it the bike wont flip back just make sure you dont pop the clutch at the lights, just ride on first gear around 8 k, release throttle, slam the clutch in, throttle all the way up, and go with the flow just keep practising
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    keep the rear brake covered incase you over extend , rev , drop clutch and use your body and power to find the balance point , its actually really hard to flip it when your learning

bike and power are meaning less, cause i can pop up the front wheel on a postie and a scooter and hold it up for ages

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    theres no need for standing up on pegs either, i can do it on a 250 but not hold it and ride with it LMAO probably only 2 seconds you will shit it when you start doing it but it wont flip unless you pop the clutch at the light slOL

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, GSXR600, CRF250R
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomsy View Post
    keep the rear brake covered incase you over extend , rev , drop clutch and use your body and power to find the balance point , its actually really hard to flip it when your learning

bike and power are meaning less, cause i can pop up the front wheel on a postie and a scooter and hold it up for ages
    you can pretty much get any bike up with the clutch but its no good for it. so i wouldnt say its meaningless
    /Oo_\\ __H__//_oO\
    \()_______[DC5]()/

if i had enough power you wouldnt need clutch providing your on the right gear yeh?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, GSXR600, CRF250R
    with decent power you wont need the clutch , lift her up in 2nd and gear through the wheelie
    /Oo_\\ __H__//_oO\
    \()_______[DC5]()/

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Hiace
    High powered bikes will just come up as you roll the throttle on...
    250's on the other hand, they need your weight shifted off the front of the bike..
    I used to do them standing on the footpegs as it was alot easier to get it up, I could never manage to get the front wheel up if I was sitting on the seat.

Steering damper... I don't think they have much to do with the suspension, so I doubt it'd help in the case of a wheelie? But regarding the tank slapping, I assume that if the handlebars move as you bring the bike down, they would aid in any wabbling and tank slapping.

As for the power wheelies... Do you mean rolling at high speed and popping it up? Or just popping the bike up through rolling the throttle...?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, GSXR600, CRF250R
    well realy 250's arent much good for stunt bikes in the first place
    /Oo_\\ __H__//_oO\
    \()_______[DC5]()/

i dont have a 250 anymore ^^ upgrading soon !