Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    03 350Z TRACK

adjusting damper settings on buddy club n+?

hey guys i've got buddy club n+ coilovers installed on my dc5r for a while but never had a urge to play around with the damper settings until now however i have no idea how to do it. i thought the way to adjust it was to adjust a knob which would be on top of the coilover however i dont seem to see one. can anyone help me out here?

cheers

Last edited by lmfamglia; 02-11-2008 at 10:22 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    the damper adjuster knob is located at the bottom of each suspension strut/coilover. They are 16 adjusment steps....therefore when you adjust it, make sure you do not go over the adjustment steps or you may damage your adjuster knob.

turn your wheel to extreme end to enable you conveniently adjusting the knob.

hope it helps...otherwise let me know, I will post a pic of mine :P

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney Buses
    Hang on a minute guys. I'm confused.

First of all, the picture above doesn't look like BC N+ to me. Also, RSX_DC5R said that the adjuster knob is located at the bottom. That makes me more confuse!

According to my knowledge, BC N+ is like Teins. It's adjustable knob is on top. Correct me if I'm wrong guys. I have a friend who is using BC N+. I am 100% sure that the adjustable knob is on top.

Please see below top view for BC N+

Last edited by cymax; 04-11-2008 at 04:35 PM.
    Rep me if you think it is mechanically sound

Member Array
    Car:
    Rachel & Renee
    thats what i was thinking... the bottom adjuster is for your ride height?
    Coup De Grace / Rachel

Built by Backyard Performance
    JDMyard / Autobarn Bankstown / Accurate Brake and Clutch Lidcombe / Performance Exhaust Northmead

Member Array
    Car:
    03 350Z TRACK
    lol my receipt from jdmyard says buddy club n+ though :S
    and yeah i saw similar images to the one posted by cymax so i assumed the adjuster was on the top too.

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 DC2R
    dc5 has inverted struts lmao

its dc2's n ek's etc that have it on the top

DC5s have totally different front suspension design. and hence isnt the pictures mentioned above.
    The damper control is located directly under the shock body itself

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney Buses
    Isn't that inconvenient if you want to adjust the stiffness of the damper? Like jacking the car up just to adjust it?

it is , compared to other strut designs. but you shouldnt have to adjust the damper all too often

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney Buses
    I don't know about you guys. I have the tendency to play with my coilovers by adjusting the stiffness of the dampers often for the 2 days to get what I want. Also, it'll be pretty troublesome if you were to track the car isn't it? Ie: you gotta jack it up when you reach there.

hehe... I'm a lazy person. So, I prefer my adjustable knob to be located at the top of the coilovers.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 350Z TRACK
    hrmm wasnt too bad to access the fronts actually no need to jack the car up just turn the wheel to its extreme however one of the knobs wouldnt turn at all -__- hopefully its covered under warranty

Member Array
    Car:
    Nissan Micra Type R
    Macpherson setup..

Annoyances don't stop there..

Ask someone what you will have to do to safely lower your car in a way which prolongs the life of the steering rack..
    NHB DC2R

TYP 20R