Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2008 Accord Euro Lux Nav

CU2 2008 Accord Euro Navigation start-up Background Mod

(this would also work with other current gen Honda navi system)
    (the steps on CL9 system should be the same except for the file name... I am not sure)

I have been looking around the net to see how to change the start up screen for the Sat Nav

From This

To This

afterwards, i found out that it is basically the same as the US ones, but you have to change different file names and location.

the following is based on a US. civic mod with Australia file names and my own computer's screen shot.

Intro/Requirements:
    Well, first things first. Here are the required items before we can start our mini-hack.

-bysin.exe, CECompressv4.dll Download
    -Original Navigatoin DVD
    -Blank CD-R/CD-RW/DVD-R/DVD+R/DVD+RW (i used a Memorex DVD+RW, 2.4x w/success)

- Create the screen image you want. It must adhere to the following:
    Width: 480
    Height: 234
    Depth: 16 (aka 16bit)
    File Size: 224,712
    Type: BMP
    Name: OpeningBase.bmp

Use converting software to convert the image & make sure that it is set out like the above (or else it wont work)

——————————————————————————–

How-To Guide:

Step 1. Make things easy, lets create a folder structure to work with. Just create a new "navi" folder on your main harddrive (C: drive).

Then create a new folder in the navi folder called "files" (c:\navi\files ), we will put the files we need from the navigation dvd into here.
    Also you can create a folder called "bysin" (c:\navi\bysin )and put the 2 files listed above in here (bysin.exe, CECompressv4.dll).

Now we got a workable environment! (creating such a folder structure for most hacks will make your life so much easier, hopefully it lets you keep from getting files confused with others, etc)

Step 2. Remove your Navigation DVD from your Accord and put it in your pc drive. In the root folder of the DVD, copy these six files to the files folder we created (c:\navi\files )

085JogAus.bin
    085JogAus2.bin
    A0000_00.MNG
    DCA0.REG
    PRG_INFO.MNG
    UPDATE_APL.exe

So your folder will prob look like this:

Then copy the 085JogAus2.bin file to the bysin folder.(c:\navi\bysin )

Rename the Start-up Image which you have made to OpeningBase.bmp, you can view it in Internet Explorer to be sure it worked.

Because of the Australian Virson, the startup image (which is stored in the.bin file) is aslo made up of two other image.( the Honda logo, and the word Navi system)
    Inorder to not let them show up, we need to download or make two black image to replace to original ones.

Honda_emblem.bmp (96x68) bitmap
    Navi_title.bmp (290x16) bitmap

Place the three images to the bysin Folder.(c:\navi\bysin )

After you got all the files ready, we will now run the bysin.exe in Command Prompt to update (replace) the images inside 085JogAus2.bin with our custom image.

Type "cd\" to get to C:\>

Type "cd navi" enter and "cd bysin" enter to get to (c:\navi\bysin )

Type "bysin 06AVN2.bin update OpeningBase.bmp OpeningBase.bmp" and hit enter. You will see a “Updating Opening1.bmp…” message. Once you get your command prompt back, update to rest of them.

Type "bysin 06AVN2.bin update Honda_emblem.bmp Honda_emblem.bmp" and hit enter.

Type "bysin 06AVN2.bin update Navi_Title.bmp Navi Title.bmp" and hit enter.

when it is done then we are off to burning our files to a cd/dvd!

Step 5. Burning files to a cd/dvd is our final software/pc part of this guide. I use Nero 6 as my burning program, just choose a new data disc and make its a DVD-ROM (ISO) or CD-ROM (ISO) and then just burn these five files from the original dvd (we put in the c:\navi\files folder)

085JogAus.bin
    A0000_00.MNG
    DCA0.REG
    PRG_INFO.MNG
    UPDATE_APL.exe

and the

085JogAus2.bin that we updated (located in the c:\navi\bysin folder)

Then just burn it!

Now turn the key to ACC and take the Burn Disc and insert it into the system inside the boot.

The following image is taken from a US. Civic, the screen message will be the same

Wait till your sat nav restarts, and it will come up with something like this.

Don't Panic!

now Press and hold MAP, MENU and CANCEL (the three button around the big knob) for about 5 seconds to get to the Diagnosis screen.

Press "Version"

Press "Download"

You'll see the following screen for about 45 seconds

Now, to try your patience, watch this screen for 3 minutes

then the system will reboot and your own start up screen should come up. then just eject the burned disc and place the original DVD back into the machine.

If anything goes wrong, remove the ground to the
    battery for 30 seconds with the origional DVD
    in the car. The old OS will load back on the
    system.

Finish Product (sorry about the quality, i'll take a better one as soon as i find my camera)

See... Honda steering Wheel with Acura Navigation Logo
    Last edited by jon_leong; 03-11-2008 at 04:33 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 Mazda6 GG1032
    I only have one word to say about this - OUTSTANDING.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    2008 Luxury Sat Nav
    Whats this "Acura Link"?
    Honda - The power of dreams? More like the power of nightmares!

Member Array
    Car:
    2008 Accord Euro Lux Nav
    Quote Originally Posted by The X Man View Post
    Whats this "Acura Link"?
    In here, its just a image of the acura tsx navigation system start up screen.. (You can display any image aslong as it fits the Requirements.)

In the U.S, the acura link is a system that is able to give you realtime traffic information and wheather updates on the Navi Map... some thing like that , its available on a subscription basis where you pay to have the service for a time period
    Last edited by jon_leong; 03-11-2008 at 12:58 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Since our cars are badged Honda,not Acura i wouldn't do this mod but i AM impressed.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 Sat Nav
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    Since our cars are badged Honda,not Acura i wouldn't do this mod but i AM impressed.
    I'm with tony1234 on this that I'm very impressed with what you did but as our cars are Honda, it makes having the Acura logo start-up seem out of place to me. All in all, great work though.
    One Day, One Room

Member Array
    Car:
    Tanaka Horushi - Z
    fark me you the man.........hahhaha

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    The actual system between the Acura TSX and our Euro's seem identical, same OS.

If you can find those identical files in our DVD, then most likely it will work.

If it all fails, then remove the battery and the system will reload the OS from the original dvd. (This does work)

I will give it ago if i have sometime...

----

Just reading through the original post again. Jon Leong, you've already tested this? I can see your CU2, lol.
    Last edited by tpphan; 03-11-2008 at 01:44 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2008 Accord Euro Lux Nav
    Quote Originally Posted by tpphan View Post
    Just reading through the original post again. Jon Leong, you've already tested this? I can see your CU2, lol.
    Yeah... I've tested it on my own CU2 navi and it works (as you can see above)...

then I thought I might give it a go again. TOPGEAR style

Computer Image

The finish product

Sorry about the quaility again...
    Last edited by jon_leong; 03-11-2008 at 04:30 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 CRV Sport
    Nice!

Would be nice if you could press a button and keep your photo on the screen. Nice spot for a digital photo frame

I dont have a nav, but +rep for your effort and step by step photos

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '08 CL9 Euro 6MT Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdongers View Post
    Nice!

Would be nice if you could press a button and keep your photo on the screen. Nice spot for a digital photo frame
    that would be a pretty expensive digital photo frame...

putting the sat nav to waste.. LOL