Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks for the info, very informative.
    Will make sure i keep the OEM bits, and might go test my car with a friends sound meter, just want to know where I stand.
    In regards to the CAT, does this mean you cant change over to ANY hi-flow CAT? I got a stainless steel one from JDM Yard, but have not put it on yet, would like to know before I install if its going to cause issues.

Might have to go with my other idea of buying a 2000 Legend ha, cruisy comfort rather than hi rev fun
    Every Day You Don't Practice, Is A Day You Get Worse
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Hey, does anyone know if those exhausts with the butterfly control valve are illegal? the ones that are controlled by an in cabin-switch?
    Every Day You Don't Practice, Is A Day You Get Worse
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Member Array
    Car:
    B16A EG Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by tseesinngwailo View Post
    Hey, does anyone know if those exhausts with the butterfly control valve are illegal? the ones that are controlled by an in cabin-switch?
    Generally anything that you can modify on the spot is frowned upon. i.e. Varex mufflers, unlocked ecu's, etc.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi

Varex

Not illegal to sell, just illegal to use on a public road!

Go figure!

Peter
    Still here. Still kickin'

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Thanks for the info, very informative.
    Will make sure i keep the OEM bits, and might go test my car with a friends sound meter, just want to know where I stand.
    In regards to the CAT, does this mean you cant change over to ANY hi-flow CAT? I got a stainless steel one from JDM Yard, but have not put it on yet, would like to know before I install if its going to cause issues.

Might have to go with my other idea of buying a 2000 Legend ha, cruisy comfort rather than hi rev fun
    The cat was a weird thing for me... the fellow told me aftermarket doesn't matter as long as it's bigger than oem, ie the oval magnaflow ones are bigger than the cylinder oem. i had a hi flow barrel type one which was marginally bigger than oem.. he'd have none of it and asked me to do a 'voluntary emissions test' which i also booked at Penrith... didn't wanna sound overly stupid when i did so since they asked why.. i just said i was doing it voluntarily for piece of mind for the prospective buyer of my car...

Only legal one is the Remus system that Carline sells... manually adjustable valve and ADR approved.

Now people say that the varex should be allowed, but the fact you can change it at will while inside the car as you get pulled over for noise pollution prevents the device from EVER being ADR approved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.