Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    MY06Euro Lux Sat Nav Auto

Sales of the 09 CU 2 Euro

Just passing some info on. I had my MY06 Euro Lux in at my Dealer for it's 50,000 service last week. Speaking with the Dealer Principle over a coffee he said that the CU 2 had been disappointing sales wise for Honda to date. He said that they had pre release orders on the CU 2 from some exisiting customers who change their cars over between 15 months and 24 months but that most had fallen over after the customers were invited in for a preview of the CU 2 and didn't like the look of the car most particularly the front. Most of those customers actually still changed over but went for run out deals on the CL 9 Luxury Sat Nav models.

He said that he has an A4 list full of potential buyers for low ks MY 06 onwards CL 9s especially Luxury models and Luxury Sat Navs.

He commented that sales have been strong for the CU 2 in SA and WA but weak everywhere else.

So I guess the lesson here is if you really want a CU 2 and live outside SA and WA haggle hard and there will be a deal to be done.

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    2008 Accord Euro Lux Nav
    I got a CU2 euro lux nav auto last month for $45000 driveaway in Brisbane
    including
    5yr Honda warranty
    5yr Roadside Assist
    12 month rego & ctp
    Windows Tinting
    Floor mats
    pearlescent paint

Is that a good deal?
    Last edited by jon_leong; 06-11-2008 at 04:10 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    "07" CL9 Limited Lux
    ^yeah thats a pretty good deal.
    I got the same stuff but additional boot tray, colour coded mud flaps and duck bill boot spoiler for $45k. I got it on the honda sale day so possibly explains the marginally better deal.

good news for me
    K-series sQuadron | > B-series sQuadron

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro Lux 6MT

Just having a glance at the Sept 2008 VFACTS rego figures for medium cars less than $60K, shows only 576 where sold in the whole of australia.

When the number one seller was the toyota camry at 2114, 2nd was Mazda 6 at 909, and then followed by the Euro at 576.

Comparing that to the sales of the first few months of sales for the CL9 model which started in Jun 2003, thats one hell of a lot of sales down hill.

I was very surprised to see the new euro included in the Honda Once a year sale day a few weeks ago, and considering its only 4 months since its new release its not good selling it down already so early in the model cycle.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2008
    well it makes our car more rare on the road! hated havin my corolla and seeing a zillion of them on the road

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 CRV Sport
    I am in WA and have noticed more and more CU2s on the road. All have been luxury models too. Definitely seeing them more than the new Mazda 6.

The best price most dealers will do on a auto lux with sat nav is about $47k drive away which is only about a $2,500 discount. If I could get one for $45k driveway with the goodies you guys have, I would have got one. WA isnt discounting as heavily...yet.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdongers View Post
    I am in WA and have noticed more and more CU2s on the road. All have been luxury models too. Definitely seeing them more than the new Mazda 6.

The best price most dealers will do on a auto lux with sat nav is about $47k drive away which is only about a $2,500 discount. If I could get one for $45k driveway with the goodies you guys have, I would have got one. WA isnt discounting as heavily...yet.
    You'll have to be patient and wait.Guys over here(NSW)have been getting what you want for $45K

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro 08
    so many younger people are finding euros more affordable

huge rims are no longer an uncommon sight.

I just wonder if the huge WA sales is related with the mining boom or not?? with the ecconomy slowing down, will sales drop or grow?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic GLI 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Star View Post
    CU 2 and didn't like the look of the car most particularly the front.
    Agree, the front is terrible imo,

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 CRV Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
    I just wonder if the huge WA sales is related with the mining boom or not?? with the ecconomy slowing down, will sales drop or grow?
    I wouldnt say WA sales are huge. They are just higher than the other states against target.

the mining boom is slowing though and property prices are falling.