Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CD5 accord

CD5 accord

Hey guys,

Got $5k to play with, after a manual 4 door car. I really like the CD5 (well i think its the CD5, the 1994 one). Do you think I will be able to get one with a straight body (no dings etc) and good mechanicals for $5k?

Not too fussed about the whole VTi vs EXi. Just after a reliable daily for around $5000, will I be able to get a good ~94 accord for that price?

Thanks heaps!

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2+t [OHN 03Z]
    yes... have u searched carsales? theres a few out there...
    coz stickers make my car go faster... right???
    I my RICED DC2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    96 Accord VTi 20th
    yeah i got my 96 VTi for 5 after a bit of haggling (excl RWC), shouldn't be too hard

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Gen5 Accord
    Hey dude,

Yeah i saw a accord 94 exi go on eBay for $950 !

All that was wrong was it had a smashed bonnet and radiator ! what a bargin !

But, yeah definatly check out carsales, one problem is that it may have too many km's on it as they are hard to find with low km's

I was lucky to get mine with 82,450 original km's on it when i got it.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Nissan > Honda :D
    I'd recommend saving up a little bit more mate. Sure you _could_ find one for as low as $5k, but it is definitely on the low end of the scale in pricing for these cars, and you might end up with a lemon and have to spend more on it to fix stuff thats gone wrong. $6.5-7k is probably where you'll find nice well looked after CD5's with around 150,000kms on the clock. But yeah, you may be able to pick up a bargain, just be a bit wary when you're buying at the low end of the scale, its there for a reason!

Member Array
    Car:
    96 CD5
    [Hello ex ozaccord members ]

Hey Dilan,

On Car sales use the advanced search options and limit it to the 1994 model. Have a look at the price range then decide whether you want to save the little bit extra for the lower amount of Km's. with that said im at 283XXX and she's yet to skip a beat!
    OzAccord <-- Being rebuilt, but come say hi

Member Array
    Car:
    datsun 200b
    you will find one, time and patience is the key
    VTEC+Turbo=dirty underpants

Thanks for the replies guys.

Quote Originally Posted by subliminal View Post
    I'd recommend saving up a little bit more mate. Sure you _could_ find one for as low as $5k, but it is definitely on the low end of the scale in pricing for these cars, and you might end up with a lemon and have to spend more on it to fix stuff thats gone wrong. $6.5-7k is probably where you'll find nice well looked after CD5's with around 150,000kms on the clock. But yeah, you may be able to pick up a bargain, just be a bit wary when you're buying at the low end of the scale, its there for a reason!
    Would something like this be considered a bargin or is something dodge?
    http://www.carsales.com.au/used-cars...d=11D21B0A119A

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Gen5 Accord
    If your really keen, inspection, drive, mechanical check

Member Array
    Car:
    95 Accord VTi
    definately. but you need to give yourself time.
    i paid only $5500 for my '95 VTi, excellent condition.
    needed the timing belt & waterpump done tho, so of course that was incorporated in the price. great choice of car, check carsales, carpoint, tradingpost and even ebay daily. if you know what you're after, shouldnt be a problem
    would be even better if u could score yourself a VTi or VTi-S tho, the luxury features just add the final touch =)

best of luck

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 Honda Accord VTI-S
    In answer to your question, YES, you will certainly find a decent cd5 accord for $5000.

The only problems i can forsee is probably the amount of Km's affecting the price. this is where your exi , vti and vti-s will come in.
    For example, if u only want it for a run around, dont care about vtec etc, you will find an exi with 150,0000-165,000 for 5 easily.
    a vti with the same amount would probably be a tad more.
    a vti-s with the same amount will be more on top of the vti.

remember u will need a major service at about 200,000 so if ur run around is going to get the kms up quickly, u may be better off with an exi with hardly any kms.

However, I still reccomend at least a vti if u can get it. the f22b1 is very reliable.
    Gas up the Vtec for you tonight and baby you can go wherever you like.....

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 Honda Accord VTI-S
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilan View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys.

Would something like this be considered a bargin or is something dodge?
    http://www.carsales.com.au/used-cars...d=11D21B0A119A
    Seems alright to me. A tad cheap for a vti I spose but worth a look. The minor scratches may not be minor LOL.
    Also, he seems to be advertising his brand new tyres, which may be to throw u off from having something else wrong. Its very hard to tell if a car is good from pictures and a BIAS description from the seller of the vechile.
    I'd get a list and call all the people selling accords from 4-7 grand ur looking at getting , and go have a look and try to bargain it down.
    good luck.
    Gas up the Vtec for you tonight and baby you can go wherever you like.....