Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hi all,
    I am just after some ideas on how i can increse my hp on my civic a little.
    I currently have a b16a import engine that is putting out 80kw atw not tuned for two months, with minor mods including cold air intake and cat back exhaust......
    I have already purchased a new exhauts system including custom headers and full catback but would like to fix some internals up before i put it on.
    I am after no more than 250hp at the flywheel.
    I hve a race engine builder doing a port and pollish and replacing my valves and springs.
    What else should i need to do get my goal.

I have a second engine aswell but stock and has 50,000 more k's on it than the one in my car so i am able to have the car on the road while my good engine gets fixed up.

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.

"HI all , i just want to get my civic to eat that darn vtir ! "

Hhehe , soz Craig ! Anyway...apart from that....b16b pistons ? Full port and polish ? Port inlet and outlet to match exact fro increased flow ? P+P throttle body ? increase compression ( new head gasket) ? New b16b cams ? Get a stroker kit ? ?

The list goes on...u need first of all a good aftermarket ECU/piggyback that can handle all these mods , and take advantage of them !

Get to it ! :P

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    hey man, are u the dude with the champagne coloured civic? :P up at peats the other nite?
    hehe... lol@wanna beat the VtiR!

Member Array
    Car:
    Forced Induction

You could get a type R intake manifold OR a type R throttle body OR a heat insulating gasket for the intake manifold OR some Toda A cams OR microtech LT8 computer OR a B20vtec motor heheheh

PM for prices hehehe

thanks people. That was the kind of things i was thinking about.

BEn- how are ya mate? good input.
    ALLMOTOR-ill pm you soon, you were the one i was looking for answers from

joneblaze-I am going to kill that vtir next time.
    My mechanic has the car now as its running lean.
    and i havent had it tunned in ages.
    Might have to do it again before i take this engine out.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    hehe... im sure son will be pleased to know ur keen to go again. he's on these forums. nick is Booget....

true like his plate?

My car is good of the mark in first and second but he pulled away a bit in third before i let the gas of.
    nICE CAR BUT, LOVED HIS CF HOOD.
    I need one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSVTEC
    joneblaze-I am going to kill that vtir next time.
    *Craig pulls out .45 while revving next to vtir...*

Pops one thur the engine block..." i told you i'd kill him ! " 8)

Craig dood...sup again ! If i wus u...i wouldnt get a cfhood...or this or that...i'd get a nice light set of 15 inch mags...semi slick rubber...full interior strip ...then see how u do against the vtir :P

But yeah- tune yo engine man!

No gun man just pure power.

As you should know ben i am taking this car as far as i can.
    and by the way i need a new hood my engine rubs against it. need cf.

I should have the car back and tunned by next thursday ben so ill be up for some thing that weekend. I couldnt be botherd stripping it man, im to lazy. ill strip it when drag wars is on and engine is done.

I am going to have it everything done after chriasmas (maybe paint aswell) beno so you better get a car mate..........
    :wink: :wink:
    I get my new cv's in two weeks and the rest of my sway bars so its slowley comming together. and i havent even raided my savings YET.

I always thought that all the B16A's were somewhere above 80 KW? Like 118 or something?

Please correct me if I'm wrong

read it again man..... 80kw at the wheels!

And please post your B16 dyno results on the other thread in ALL MOTOR! :wink: