Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned Array
    Car:
    Suabaru > Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin View Post
    stupid on all counts.

Further ask your friend if he has the money to pay for damage to other cars if he is in an accident. No insurance company will pay out if he is riding a 600cc. Plowing in to the back of a new mercedes with no insurance is going to be expensive! Could bankrupt him as well as put him in hospital.
    lol @ bankrupt by hitting back of merc.

lulul

silliest thing i've heard this year on ozhonda.

Quote Originally Posted by dc2dc2dc2 View Post

lulul

well it is dare i say true. no insurance and you write off a merc you gotta pay for the car to be repaired at a minimum. Chances are younger and not much money to your name so it would be legal fees plus $XXX for whatever period for a chunk out of your life.

meh whatevee.r

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    well it is dare i say true. no insurance and you write off a merc you gotta pay for the car to be repaired at a minimum. Chances are younger and not much money to your name so it would be legal fees plus $XXX for whatever period for a chunk out of your life.

meh whatevee.r
    Add on top of that any medical injuries caused to the driver/passenger in the car and you could easily be bankrupt.

The silliest thing I have heard is people suggesting that they should ride a bike that has to much power for most learners, is clearly illegal and dont really care that if there is an accident insurance wont cover them and it could end up costing them a heck of a lot more than a $5k bike
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT

lulul

Why is it silly? People are forced in to bankruptcy because they can't even pay a stupid $1000 credit card bill....Most debts are under $20k when people are forced in to bankruptcy. If you don't think it happens you need to spend more time in the court system.

Banned Array
    Car:
    Suabaru > Honda
    I do know alot about bankrupcy Mr yfin, i do work in insolvency.

But seiorusly....if a bike lets say...hit the back of a merc it cannot possibly do that much damage or cause the driver any injuries.

seriously.

Member Array
    Car:
    eg sedan
    my friend has a zx6r and hes only on his 250cc license. i told him to wait but he couldn't wait. he barely rides the zx6r ne way he says its quite scary. like its impossible to ride it slow?? or something like that.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    I do know alot about bankrupcy Mr yfin, i do work in insolvency.

But seiorusly....if a bike lets say...hit the back of a merc it cannot possibly do that much damage or cause the driver any injuries.

seriously.
    You are just a time waster - of course a motorbike can do heaps of damage to a vehicle in an accident. It can be as a result of direct or indirect damage (eg merc loses control and hits a tree). Motorbike is still at fault. Grow up. Seriously - no point arguing as you know my post about bankruptcy was completely valid. If you work in insolvency you should know better - or do more research.
    Last edited by yfin; 11-11-2008 at 09:52 PM.

come on guys this is silly lets not argue over crap. Aything can write off a merc at teh right speed.

Car:
    Civic
    You sir need to open your eyes. One example of MANY. This one was the result of a side impact:

They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Banned Array
    Car:
    Suabaru > Honda
    I better declare bankrupcy as well, i can't afford a $1800 bill for my yearly insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by d15z1SUX View Post
    my friend has a zx6r and hes only on his 250cc license. i told him to wait but he couldn't wait. he barely rides the zx6r ne way he says its quite scary. like its impossible to ride it slow?? or something like that.
    True, you get worried about police. And if you ride to slow you lowslide it because there is not enough speed to compensate for lean/weight of the bike. And you should do roundabouts in first gear too (first gear is twitchy) as it shudders on 2nd rofl lol. the joys of a bike
    looking for aftermarket FN2R parts ! pm me !

Car:
    Civic
    I better declare bankrupcy as well, i can't afford a $1800 bill for my yearly insurance.
    You have missed the point. He would be riding a bike illegally which means insurance wont cover him. He would be up for the full cost of repairs (or if the car is written off the cost of purchasing a similar car to which has been wrecked), plus any injury claims to the person he has hit.

Add on to that personal injury (and if you are hitting a car at any sort of speed this will be significant) and the cost of the bike and it could very easily leed to bankrupcy.