Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CBF250
    yea sorry mate im on the bandwagon with this one, its better to do it ligit for a year and then get any bike u want, u can get insurance, and there are alot of powerful 250's or even bikes that would keep up with the 600, its all about power to weight, honda makes a mean 400, expensive but if u can get ur hands on it its a beast and its LAMS approved

tell ur mate not to be another statistic that ruins it for the rest of us, do it ligit or stay on 4 wheels,
    I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other

^^ not at all mate. i am trying to convince my friend against it as i dont think the effort of buying and reselling a bike outweighs all of the other dangers, illegal aspects etc.

I just wanted some feedback from some more experienced riders than myself, as i personally haven't even rode a 600.

some good points made so far though. will prolly get my mate to read thru this thread so he can weigh up the good and bad points himself.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    you forgot to mention the fact he actually rode a bike and had his license before (expired) , so he isnt really a first timer. he rode my bike down the twisties the other day quiet comfortabily actually which i was suprised.

as for insurance i doubt he will even buy it so not worried about covering anything or not be able to. he wont have it.

however i would be scared riding in syd roads being so busy n all.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic vi 2000
    gotta respect the heirachy with bikes man
    had a cbr250rr, maddest bike for l's
    mate sold it to me for a sweet price
    i have a stupid cuzn that has no experience with bikes at all and wants to jump str8 onto a gix600
    i had a mate who had no riding experience,bought a 2000 gix600 and overshot a turn ended up with a broken leg
    you gotta earn your stripes with this yo

totally off topic
    had a few frens that bought 600's while on their p's
    funnily enough they both got busted
    had suspended licenses for abit b4 they could ride again.
    Last edited by ard33; 13-11-2008 at 10:14 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06 Accord Euro Std MT
    learn first, play later.

it aint as safe as driving. u won't look cool on a 600 when u stack it in front of everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ard33 View Post
    gotta respect the heirachy with bikes man
    had a cbr250rr, maddest bike for l's
    mate sold it to me for a sweet price
    i have a stupid cuzn that has no experience with bikes at all and wants to jump str8 onto a gix600
    i had a mate who had no riding experience,bought a 2000 gix600 and overshot a turn ended up with a broken leg
    you gotta earn your stripes with this yo

totally off topic
    had a few frens that bought 600's while on their p's
    funnily enough they both got busted
    had suspended licenses for abit b4 they could ride again.
    yes yes, it overshotting a turn tends to happens with newbies. even i did that trying to chase down a mate. very silly. The thing is, most of the time its not overshooting (going in too hot) the turn, its lack of skill. if you have the ability to turn then you can escape almost anything

Quote Originally Posted by corn_flakes View Post
    learn first, play later.

it aint as safe as driving. u won't look cool on a 600 when u stack it in front of everyone.
    LOL or stall it
    looking for aftermarket FN2R parts ! pm me !

Quote Originally Posted by EK4R View Post
    you forgot to mention the fact he actually rode a bike and had his license before (expired) , so he isnt really a first timer. he rode my bike down the twisties the other day quiet comfortabily actually which i was suprised.
    yeh forgot to mention that. but seeing as he never owned a bike, i wouldnt think riding a friends bike here and there is the same as a year of solid riding exp, didnt think was relevant.

either way, i dont think it would necessarily be harder to ride a 600 cept maybe in slow situations, and also when u fang it. daily stuff prolly be the same. but u know he's gonna fang it... loll

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    well im not karen , so im not worried if he broke a leg or two or three hehe

but u know roni, he wants power

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06 Accord Euro Std MT
    Quote Originally Posted by nvmee View Post
    yes yes, it overshotting a turn tends to happens with newbies. even i did that trying to chase down a mate. very silly. The thing is, most of the time its not overshooting (going in too hot) the turn, its lack of skill. if you have the ability to turn then you can escape almost anything

yup! overshooting happens all the time with newbies, like myself. LOL.

and you're right, it's not about coming in too hot, it's more lack of skill and being too chicken shit to lean into the turn enough.

practise is the key word here. heaps of it.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, GSXR600, CRF250R
    its not even jus about being able to control a bike its alot to do with dealing with other road users and road conditions. so all of that in mind the last thing you want is to much power at ur right hand if u cant handle it. personaly i ride a 600 (on private property) and people realy under estimate the power of them , ive been riding bikes my entire life and i still dont think im ready to hit the road let alone on a 600. but il definelty get a cheap 250 when i turn 18 and get my L's.
    /Oo_\\ __H__//_oO\
    \()_______[DC5]()/

Member Array
    Car:
    Pair of everlast shoes
    ^ the hyosungs arnt that bad. but the 600 is abit too expensive for a L.

just incase something does happen, it's better to get something cheap and wont make u cry as much wen u drop it

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, GSXR600, CRF250R
    dont no much about theese hyosungs il google it , what are they a cheap chineese sportbike or something?
    /Oo_\\ __H__//_oO\
    \()_______[DC5]()/