Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    delsol crx
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeForce View Post
    But if you have any spare Toda headers lying around
    lol i dnt think anyone would just have some spare TODA headers lying around and i dnt think they would be willing to give them away for free lol ahahah

LOL...of course not...maybe a tri Y perhaps..LOL.
    MFactory Competition Products

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    i would put money down if you installed the BIG tube REPLICA header onto Leo EG it'll make MORE power then the toda headers.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboyz39 View Post
    i would put money down if you installed the BIG tube REPLICA header onto Leo EG it'll make MORE power then the toda headers.
    ill put money down that in a few months , the rep. header will fall apart or crack at the seams etc.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboyz39 View Post
    i think this should be done, and get an independant test done by a different tuner, it will be unfair for toda to tune.

Any other tuners interested, this will put this argument to bed

Member Array
    Car:
    delsol crx
    wow i dont think adrian really wants or needs to prove himself.... mmm...
    Last edited by delsol9000rpms; 18-11-2008 at 11:24 PM.

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by pwr2w8 View Post
    i think this should be done, and get an independant test done by a different tuner, it will be unfair for toda to tune.

Any other tuners interested, this will put this argument to bed
    For a start, I don't need to prove myself to you or anyone else for that matter.
    I do this for a living & we build & tune some of the most powerful B-series in the country.
    Not all of them use TODA headers, but the majority do…
    Why, because they are still good value when compared with the top shelf US headers.
    I did say, If you’re on a tight budget, the copies represent reasonable value.
    If you want the best however, it has to be said. They are not it.
    I didn’t put TODA at the top of the heap. I also mentioned 2 other manufacturers who in my experience make truly 1st class headers.
    From my experience, the Tri Y replicas & copies are poorly made with non-functioning anti reversion steps.
    Without the correct function of these stepped primaries, this design just doesn’t punch out the power the myths online suggest it does.
    From experience, I'm telling you the replica Tri Y headers are more smoke & mirrors than substance. In that, I mean they are not really any better than other headers for a similar price.
    Again, take it as advice or don't.
    If you're in the market for a Tri Y from the US, I suggested saving your money & getting a real one as the difference is chalk & cheese.
    But if you don't want to believe me, hey, don't...

As for letting someone else tune our car… LOL…
    We just won a championship with it & it seems that a few of you online have this moronic mind set that by changing to a different header we’re suddenly going to reach nirvana, with untold horsepower erupting from the engine.
    Quite frankly, at the level this engine is at, it just isn’t going to happen…
    Further, I'm not about to let someone else go & blow our engine just for the sake of appeasing a small group of closed minded internet mechanics.

Some times I wonder why I bother…
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    since both are sequential, id choose hytech replica.
    its stepped header
    smoother transition on primaries to secondaries to collector.

i believe copies and original doesnt make a difference.
    what matters is material used and design.

stop fighting peeps lol.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    Quote Originally Posted by TODA AU View Post
    For a start, I don't need to prove myself to you or anyone else for that matter.
    I do this for a living & we build & tune some of the most powerful B-series in the country.
    Not all of them use TODA headers, but the majority do…
    Why, because they are still good value when compared with the top shelf US headers.
    I did say, If you’re on a tight budget, the copies represent reasonable value.
    If you want the best however, it has to be said. They are not it.
    I didn’t put TODA at the top of the heap. I also mentioned 2 other manufacturers who in my experience make truly 1st class headers.
    From my experience, the Tri Y replicas & copies are poorly made with non-functioning anti reversion steps.
    Without the correct function of these stepped primaries, this design just doesn’t punch out the power the myths online suggest it does.
    From experience, I'm telling you the replica Tri Y headers are more smoke & mirrors than substance. In that, I mean they are not really any better than other headers for a similar price.
    Again, take it as advice or don't.
    If you're in the market for a Tri Y from the US, I suggested saving your money & getting a real one as the difference is chalk & cheese.
    But if you don't want to believe me, hey, don't...

As for letting someone else tune our car… LOL…
    We just won a championship with it & it seems that a few of you online have this moronic mind set that by changing to a different header we’re suddenly going to reach nirvana, with untold horsepower erupting from the engine.
    Quite frankly, at the level this engine is at, it just isn’t going to happen…
    Further, I'm not about to let someone else go & blow our engine just for the sake of appeasing a small group of closed minded internet mechanics.

Some times I wonder why I bother…
    It's posts like these, that provide backup and real experience, that really help us.
    If you guys are going to argue for something, then you really need something to back it up. If you honestly think someone is wrong then just go and use the headers you think is best and forget what the other person thinks.

Big ups to TODA_AU, very inciteful and honest post, wouldn't have it any other way

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    respect for Toda_Au, he has been on this site and helped me and other members with general honda tuning advice for many many years now

this may sound like a silly question, but is there a difference in sound?

for example the subaru equal length and unnequal length headers produce different sounds, honda vtec engines have a distinct sound to them - how does the difference in header design effect them?
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

my replica 4-2-1 tri-y sounds heaps different to my old JDM 4-1 ITR headers

almsot like a flat four...
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Account Disabled Array
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    ill put money down that in a few months , the rep. header will fall apart or crack at the seams etc.
    Our ones hasnt broken or cracked anywhere yet. Been used on the race track for over a year now.