Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    '99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    79.8KW with no mods and a stuffed catalytic convertor @ Croydon using a JDM B16A1.

My guess is that about 83-85 is what a stock B16A should put out. Most Yanks are full of shit when it comes to pulling dyno slips out.

As noted, I don't believe dyno results as they are never the same and the operators can fudge them.
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

80kw atw not tunned for two months.(did straight after EXHAUST FITTING).
    ENG: B16A1 Stock internals and cai and cat back exhaust.
    Done at C&V...............

Adrian, you forgot to mention that the dyno was performed in 3rd gear! I got very similar results with my car in 3rd.
    i need vtak!!

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    I would expect a b16a to produce around 80kw atw in 4th. Becuase if u compare a 95+kw atw readout to the thread on the sr20de vs b16a, there would be no competition. the sr20de produces around 70-75kw atw, and supposidly a race with one of these guys produced only a small win. Hence a 95kw reading is utter misinformation. Sorry, had to be said!
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Quote Originally Posted by genesis
    Adrian, you forgot to mention that the dyno was performed in 3rd gear! I got very similar results with my car in 3rd.
    speedcore = adrian
    i need vtak!!

do your dyno run in 4th and tell us the real result.........

I was equipped by Mugen Array
    Car:
    Lexus Soarer V8 GTLimited
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSVTEC
    do your dyno run in 4th and tell us the real result.........
    I thought they were all done in 4th ..
    i will have mine dynoed when i get my full exhaust fitted.

Honda resource for enthusiasts with all the latest news from Honda, downloads, media, photo albums, technical information and lots more!

Dyno runs should be done in fourth.
    gearing is 1 to 1 in fourth.
    If im wrong o well.

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Actually its more like 0.90xxx, but comparing to 3rd which is usually 1.2xx its a better estimate of power.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Quote Originally Posted by genesis
    speedcore = adrian
    Geeeee thanks.. :evil: :thumbsdown:

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by SPEEDCORE

Thanks for your post man........... yer just like I thought the yanks always are like having claims of 140 odd stock :roll:

So what is the difference in their HP..... and figures like our 1hp = .745 kw?
    1hp = 0.746kw wherever you go, its a standard unit of measurement. The difference is that yank dynos tend to be more optimistic then our dynos are.

dyno figures are sooooooooooo easy to fudge its not funny

Quote Originally Posted by Setanta
    79.8KW with no mods and a stuffed catalytic convertor @ Croydon using a JDM B16A1.

My guess is that about 83-85 is what a stock B16A should put out. Most Yanks are full of shit when it comes to pulling dyno slips out.

As noted, I don't believe dyno results as they are never the same and the operators can fudge them.
    Yeah but I don't think your VTEC was working on that run. Or at least I couldnt hear it BUHAHAHHAHA