Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: cl9 ECU flash!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by integral90 View Post
    I hate you! You're not my real dad!

You know what I mean though, if you have torque then you might as well use it and not just rely on peak power
    It would work if the Euro had torque. ehehhehe.. The worst muscle car in history probably has more torque than the Euro.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    It would work if the Euro had torque. ehehhehe.. The worst muscle car in history probably has more torque than the Euro.
    Probably weighed 500kg+ more too. From my experience, torque is all proportional to weight, just drive bennjamin's car to get what I mean

Justin's Euro, in proportion to it's weight, I think has a lot of torque. Enough to be able to let the gears fall a little lower in the rev band after a shift because you have the confidence that the weight of the car and the torque is enough. Also it doesn't matter how quick you shift, it's a pause in acceleration and a momentary deceleration. If you could avoid having to shift so much by having the longer gears with the torque to push through them then you'd affectively have a quicker car, right?
    CL9 Euro Luxury

Toda - 127kW | Wakefield - 1:19.1 | WSID - 15.4

QUALITY K-SERIES AND CL9 EURO PARTS FOR SALE

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    67 Camaro weighed 1690kg, but had over twice the torque of the Euro.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Alright my next guess would be the LSD

If you changed your transmission you could lose the advantage of mid-range torque by having shorter gearing.

Stock Euro from a redline shift from 1st into 2nd lands at around 4500rpm, the Euro's peak torque... but if you had shorter gearing then a redline shift from 1st to 2nd suddenly lands at (hypothetically) 5250rpm, where the torque is starting to drop off the peak power then would you effectively not be making use of your mid-range torque?

I'm probably wrong, and you car does scream on the top end from what I remember, but I mean... muscle cars don't have short gearing, you know?
    euros have very short torque curves compared to v8s and charged cars... so if you have matching short gearing, you get quicker acceleration

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Probably weighed 500kg+ more too. From my experience, torque is all proportional to weight, just drive bennjamin's car to get what I mean

Justin's Euro, in proportion to it's weight, I think has a lot of torque. Enough to be able to let the gears fall a little lower in the rev band after a shift because you have the confidence that the weight of the car and the torque is enough. Also it doesn't matter how quick you shift, it's a pause in acceleration and a momentary deceleration. If you could avoid having to shift so much by having the longer gears with the torque to push through them then you'd affectively have a quicker car, right?
    you need to shift quick... and you wont decelerate if your quick enough...

heres a graph of my acceleration that i took ages ago on the gtech meter:

The black line was my actual accerlation (mphr on the LHS), and the blue line is what i would expect a shorter ration gearbox would achieve... as you can see, the accleration is quicker, however, because each gear is shorter, theres now an extra shift in there, so shifting speeds now become more important

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003
    mmm interesting
    Quote Originally Posted by kazam View Post
    lol give him a break, this is after all a forum and not just a giant search engine.. what are we gunna do when evry topic has been covered? disable posting and just have the search button there?

bump

wanting to reflash mine, im from syd. what do i gotta do!? where does it send to now? still america or can someone still do it here? or do you need a US edu
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by MWAKU View Post
    wanting to reflash mine, im from syd. what do i gotta do!? where does it send to now? still america or can someone still do it here? or do you need a US edu
    With tuning you are looking at 2 grand
    Last edited by Fredoops; 04-06-2013 at 03:16 PM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Anyone here had the JTune Mild Flash on a stock CL9? (or a CL9 with just a CAI)? Results?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by axispower View Post
    Anyone here had the JTune Mild Flash on a stock CL9? (or a CL9 with just a CAI)? Results?
    paying $1250 for a reflash with no hardware?

poor deal.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 04-06-2013 at 10:05 AM.
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

... $15250?

I read it was 1250

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    typo, fixed