Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dope cu2 rollin on 19s

Interior Screen Not working Help!

i was just going for a usual cruise, when i relised that all my inteior lighting on the dash just stopped working, i have a pic attached of all the lights that are on, like the Air con works, even though nothing shows up on the screen,

weeeirrrd

any one know anything??

happened you before?
    Last edited by crunkman99; 28-01-2009 at 09:58 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Accord Euro
    Yep, happened to me about 1 month ago. Looks like exactly the same thing. You should still be able to see the display on the screen very faintly and have full functionality of the sterio and controls etc, but just lose the lighting on that part of the console and screen. Unfortunately it's not just a fuse or anything.

Bad news is the whole unit needs to be replaced.

Good news is Honda will replace it at no cost up to 7 years after the manufacture date.

I got mine replaced just this week actually and all is good again.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dope cu2 rollin on 19s
    ahh ffs, at least they replace it for free. i have warranty, did you have to pay at all? even the labour?

or was it all free?

Member Array
    Car:
    08 Euro Lux 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonio 84 View Post
    Good news is Honda will replace it at no cost up to 7 years after the manufacture date.
    Wow I didnt know that, I thought it was limited to the normal warranty period.
    08 Blk/Blk Accord Euro Luxury CL9 6MT / Full Silver Panel Trim / Full Modulo Kit / Sports Grill.

For Sale: Accord Euro CL9 03-05 Front Euro-R Badge

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by viper8548 View Post
    Wow I didnt know that, I thought it was limited to the normal warranty period.
    Me too.That's interesting.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    guess honda australia realised that this is such a common fault that they extended the warranty to 7 years.

Member Array
    Car:
    08 Euro Lux 6MT
    I knew they had the 7 year thing in the US, could you tell us the source of this info?
    08 Blk/Blk Accord Euro Luxury CL9 6MT / Full Silver Panel Trim / Full Modulo Kit / Sports Grill.

For Sale: Accord Euro CL9 03-05 Front Euro-R Badge

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Accord Euro
    I've got an 03 model, so out of regular warranty, but a major Honda dealer in Melb advised me that for that particular issue they provide a 7 year warrantly, including full replacement of the unit at no cost.

No labour cost either. They just ordered the unit in, and replaced it within a day (takes about 1-2 hours).

It must be a known issue to them so it's great that they are willing to offer this service. I was stoked as you can imagine, I thought i'd be up for a hefty bill.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dope cu2 rollin on 19s
    yer i rang up honda in adeliade, and they said i need to bring it in for them to have a look. grrrr

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    I had the same problem before, the entire console including the CD player had to be swapped out. You can still see the info on the display under sunlight. Replaced under warranty with no fuss.
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru