Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vte18c View Post
    just give them more of everything and they are happy, more power, more weight, more features... more more more.. doesn't always equal more.
    it equals more on the nurbergring. the new nsx slaughters the old nsxR. and we are talking the unfinished product... imagine what it will do after all the tweaking and polishing up has taken place.

duno why everybody hates it. so what it doesnt look like the old one. i mean, i guess i was kinda dissapointed at first coz i was expecting the HSC to take its place. but it still looks mad, and guys cmon..... 10cyl vtec. have you heard the thing?? its beeaauuutifull...

Yah... it looks awesome... I like it.
    Kinda looks like a corvette... and corvettes are boss!

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by revjunkie View Post
    I completely agree with you mate. The NSX has always been a dream car for myself and im sure many others feel the same. For Acura to turn the most highly engineered car of all time into this is an embarrasment and doesnt follow the reasons why i liked the nsx in the first place.

All aluminum monocoque, Mid mount engine for even weight distribution, All alloy double-wishbone suspension etc etc. a high engineered engine full of titanium that wasnt overpowered (pulled the car nicely around corners without bogan wheelspin).

why semi auto and not 6 speed sequential like JGTC?..

Honda wake up!. soichiro honda would be rolling in his grave over the direction Honda is taking with this car.

why not design the best car ever to come out of japan in japan?..

my 2 cents worth :P
    I agree to an extent. You have to realise in order for honda to explore this market and find it financially viable they have to invest in what the target market want that can afford such a car...we all want Mid-Mount HARDCORE 20/16kgmm spoon suspension with such a small stroke that a female masturbating could put it to shame. (ok bit of an exageration....lol)

>HOWEVER< in realism they have to consider their target price range and target audience...chances are a middle aged nostalgic man doesn't want a car he can hit hairpins in at 150km/h without breaking a sweat he wants something with power and something that he/she could be recognized for. Same reason millionares rarely buy Evo's/NSX's and put coilovers in them and make them faster/more reliable than a ferrari...as there are other major factors which contribute to their purchase decision...recognition being a key factor and sometimes known as a wank factor.

I love Honda but i still don't think in realism they are ever going to be able to target the same audience that BMW, Mercedes, Ferrari, Porsche etc. do. At least not for a long time without an unlikely market changing release. They are just not known as the car you get when "you've made it".

As sad as it is for us Honda owners/enthusiesnts they are a business and trying to make a living like all of us...the way the world goes 'round.
    Last edited by Sp00ny; 02-12-2008 at 11:26 PM.
    >> Now Known as "Phased"

Member Array
    Car:
    hondas suck <3
    everybody shit talks new stuff at first...just like a bunch of grumpy old men

Designed by Americans for Americans, what you expect?

HSC > This POS with 4WD and Front engine layout...

Quote Originally Posted by preludacris View Post
    it equals more on the nurbergring. the new nsx slaughters the old nsxR. and we are talking the unfinished product... imagine what it will do after all the tweaking and polishing up has taken place.

duno why everybody hates it. so what it doesnt look like the old one. i mean, i guess i was kinda dissapointed at first coz i was expecting the HSC to take its place. but it still looks mad, and guys cmon..... 10cyl vtec. have you heard the thing?? its beeaauuutifull...
    How about the HSC with a V10 VTEC eh?

Whats so different about Acura's "Supercar" compared to the others? Looks as futuristic as their FN2, has a V10 and 4WD... Sounds like the rest of the Supercars... Except with a Honda badge and like Nissan will be already degraded unfortunately...
    Last edited by DreadAngel; 04-12-2008 at 12:16 PM.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

I wonder how Honda are going to market this car now that they've pulled out of F1...

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    honda dont need to market to me i already know they sell TOP QUALITY shiet! so ima buy something! maybe a city/jazz till i can afford a s2000!!!!!
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

Member Array
    Car:
    5th Gen Prelude
    Its not going to be called an NSX, so there is no reason Honda have to make it a progression of the NSX looks wise. They were already criticised for not making much(any really) advancement while the NSX was on the market, it was pretty much unchanged by the time the end came about.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    I think I'd get a lexus LF-A, but i'm dreaming again, of course......
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Type S

Honda scraps NSX plans

Yeah I posted a new thread about this in this subforum but a quick message flashed up and did not get a change to see what it said... I guess must have been some kind of screening of topics to keep the NEWS section uncluttered.... no matter.

When you see car manufacturers pulling out of big projects.. alarm bells should be ringing about the state of the world economy.

Honda out of F1, Subaru out of WRC few days ago, Chrysler shutting down operations for 4 weeks until "bailout" ( word of the year lol ) plans are finalised... and now this.
    DLUG Racing

Quote Originally Posted by badthing View Post

A moments silence please...............

(quietly cries)
    Every Day You Don't Practice, Is A Day You Get Worse
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.