Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...

Whats in a SuperCharger kit?

Hey guys, I'm definitely set on forced induction right now instead of spending my money on i/h/e, etc etc...

I've read up on the pros/cons of turbos vs superchargers vs NA power and decided i wanted turbocharging.

BUT, someone offered to sell me a supercharger that comes fromtoyota altezza for a very good price. Question is, discounting labor, what other parts/piping/etc do i need besides from the just the charger?

To clarify things a bit, I'm only going to be running around 6-8 psi, and i'm only interested in the supercharger part of the deal, i already know how much i need to spend on suspension, brakes, etc etc... and i'm NOT going to change internals

ATM i'm thinking i need piping, the pulleys or woteva u call them (as u can tell i know NOTHING about Forced induction, i wasted all my time researching NA power), upgraded fuel system, some sort of oil cooler/catch can...

anything i missed? and also what parts can i scrounge of other cars and what parts do i NEED to get specific for my car>? right now i'm thinking i need only the piping fabricated, but everything else i can get from other cars/2nd hand/new aftermarket

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    you will need ecu - very impt here
    mounting kit for the supercharger - probably custom here and not cheap

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    what sort of ecu? fully independent or piggy back>?

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    as good as u can afford

Gary, you need a fair amount of work on that to get it onto ur honda...

Alan has a supercharger to suit ur motor at his house, speak to him man, very cheap, adn its already made to suit the b16a

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    Thanks Andy!!! ...... is alan just "alan" on this forum? he drives the CRX yeh

I know its a fair amount of work, but personally i reckon its worth it as compared to doing NA tuning. I cant believe i ever doubted ur world and rooted for NA power : )

Plus, i got a friend (certified mechanic) who will install it for me for free basically in his workshop

Then ur laughing. Not sure what his nick is, i think youve met him before with us?

If not, give me a call and Ill introduce you to him. His looking to sell ASAP too, so maybe u can bargain alot. Alans Supercharger is already made for the b16a, so minimal work is needed, well pretty much no work is needed to modify it, just to put it in, and if i can do it, ur mechanic should be able to do it eyes closed! for free eh? man ur going to have one fast car for cheap!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    cool, i'll have a look at my bank account first, cos i only have around 1k atm... need to finish exams and shite first before i have the time or money to do it (take me around 2 months from now)

hahaha yes i am laughing mate... I met this guy at uni, who got a EM1 2 months ago... he's a bit of a rich daddy's boy (he gets cheques in the mail) so he starts modding his car. Spent like 3500 total for I/h/E + cams + ecu + ITR pistons/rings + rods... and he's car is dyoned at 93kw at the wheels... its all a big big joke.

but yeh... i guess hsi car is BALANCED **insert mass sarcasm***

wtf? did he go to chasers?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    He got the parts shipped over from Hong Kong, got them installed from a professional mechanic in Sydney, also dynoed in sydney

is 93kw too much or too little? and i've driven his car... and although i havent caned it cos its not my car... to be honest the difference isnt something i'm willing to spend that much money on

i believe the hardest part would be mounting hte supercharger.

It has to be in a place it fits, plus it also needs to be driven off another pulley somehow.

everything is pretty much going to be custom which means a lot of hours... but if you can get the s/c really cheap, and as you said free labour... could be worthwhile...

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    yeh i heard about that... but compared to turbo, discounting installation hours, just thinking about materials wots cheaper? cos turbo needs all that piping... does supercharger?