Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Euro vs Mazda6

Euro vs Mazda6

My mate told me that a new mazda6 will be released middle next year MAZDA PS 2.3 litre 191kw turbo charged awd. Anyone know about this? Im not sure if its 100% correct but this really beats the euro in performance =)

Doesn't look as good as the Euro.
    Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    I have read something about this in various car mags. It sounds very good. It is also speculated to come in at around $50k. I haven't seen any more info than what you have stated.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Mazda6 MPS. Nice car, but the price will be nowhere near the Euro's 34-42k mark. I read in Wheels that it should be priced similarly to the Liberty GT's $52k level.

you can't compare a turbo 4WD with a NA FWD.

If honda come out with a Euro turbo 4WD, it sure will kick the ass out of that MPS
    BNR34 N1 spec
    QR Sprint - 57.79
    QR Clubman - 60.74
    QR National - 1:22.71

its just more evidence honda australia sucks

where is my accord euro R, my sir-t, my euro spec accord type r? why do i get a fat ass US designed thailand built accord offered to me instead?

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    AFAIK, Mazda 6 MPS will be priced at around $55K mark which is a whooping $15K more than the Euro Luxury. For that price, you would expect to get something.

Yeah i read somewhere about a euro turbo awd? thats probably bullshit talk though

"Mazda's MPS is on its way to the showroom. First shown as a concept, the 280bhp 6-based high performance saloon is undergoing final testing in the US. The final car is very close to the subtle original, styled by Peter

Birtwhistle's team at the Mazda design centre in Germany. It runs a turbocharged version of the company's excellent 2.3-litre four-pot engine driving all four wheels. Expect to see it unveiled in the autumn."
    Last edited by Reagan; 12-10-2004 at 01:05 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    I agree with Baboo.

Besides, why bring out a turbo 6? Is it because Mazda can't design a well performing NA engine.

Also I agree with Coladuna. No matter what Euro you get, your getting value.

I wouldn't even take a second look at the turbo 6.

I think the Mazda 6 is alright but no where near the Euro.

Member Array
    Car:
    SloEur
    Quote Originally Posted by viperx
    its just more evidence honda australia sucks

where is my accord euro R, my sir-t, my euro spec accord type r? why do i get a fat ass US designed thailand built accord offered to me instead?
    rumours have it that honda is quietly working on a Accord Euro Turbo too.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Bugger.... Double posted

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Well, Mazda6 was the first to come out. That gave everyone else (Honda and Subaru) a target of bringing out models that would take advantage of the 6's weakness (lack of power). So now it is Mazda6's turn to bring out their new model and then in 1 or 2 years for Honda and Subaru to bring out their update. I'd say all this competition just benefits us. I remember being so shocked by the Euro's low price considering the great engine, handling and features that it came with. But I recognise that the reason we have a great car like the Euro in AUS is because of the Mazda6.

Ohh, and Honda already has the AWD-SH 4WD system (used in the Acura RL). Damn thing can push 100% torque to 1 wheel! All it needs now is a lightweight 3.0 V6 (old NSX engine anyone?) or turbo'd K24A3 Euro engine (possible since it is a long stroke engine) that is light enough not to destroy the Euro's chassis balance. Drool.....