Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R

Installing tweeters into DC5R dash

How hard is it to install aftermarket tweeters into the factory dash location? I can't find a guide anywhere on the internet. clubrsx has one but its pretty simplistic, they don't specify any wiring instructions.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    can i ask why you would do such a thing if the rest of your speakers are oem? personally i'd be changing to a complete set not just tweeters and i wouldn't be putting them in the oem location...
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. I have a set of Alpine Type S splits and i want to use the factory tweeter location to mount the new tweeters.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    umm jazz?
    note the colour of the wires which run from the tweeter to the back of the oem headunit - the cables should be the same colour/pattern. If you want a manual, check this site: http://www.pdfmanuals.net/ or search google for a shop manual/haynes manual/

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by jas_kidd32 View Post
    I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. I have a set of Alpine Type S splits and i want to use the factory tweeter location to mount the new tweeters.
    aaaaaaaah now me gets whole picture... i still wouldnt put the tweeters in the oem locations...
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!