Member Array

overhaul clutch.. :(

hi guys.. just got my car back today from honda.. my clutch had to be replaced as i was experiencing slipping when accelerating after changing gears for the last few months now....

had it replaced and flywheel machined.. and left quite a hole in my pocket

dealer told me this was the first euro he's had back so far that's required a new clutch.... and that mine was in quite poor condition..!

anyways.. 2 days later.. clutch replaced and car drives extremely smooth now.. feels awesome..

my car is 04 model and is just about to tick over 130,000kms... is that about right for the lifespan of the stock clutch.. how long should they last?

it all depends on how you drive i guess...
    Last edited by drezy; 31-03-2009 at 07:18 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 Accord Euro Lux
    Exactly - there are so many variables.

Any modifications
    The driver's ability to operate the clutch
    The driver's willingness to operate the clutch properly
    Highway versus city driving
    Flat versus hill driving
    Short shifting versus holding gears
    The list goes on!

I would expect a well cared for OEM clutch to last up to 200,000ks in little 4 cylinders like these. Even at 130,000ks it's done some shifting!

Member Array
    off topic but... i found it amusing that when i asked the guy at the honda service dept. if my car was too low, and that I should raise it (im running tein ss coilovers on lowest setting) he goes to me..

"I recommend that you return your car back to stock. Honda has spent years getting the suspension and dynamics of the vehicle perfect, and to modify the car will only cause your oem components and tyres, etc to wear out quicker..."

im like okaaay.. haha

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 Accord Euro Lux
    Yeah they always say stuff like that.

Regardless, you have significantly altered the entire suspension geometry of your car. Everything from CVs to bearings and hubs are bearing loads they were never designed for.

Having said that - I think the stock Euro is far too high and I'd lower mine in an instant if it wasn't still under warranty.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 05 6MT
    stop launching at 6k lol

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    you know why they say shit like that ? Cause it comes back to them when something ****s up cos of installed aftermarket parts....
    Why hello there

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by jkz View Post
    stop launching at 6k lol
    LOL true true... I KILL CLUTCHES DAILY!!

Quote Originally Posted by shadou View Post
    you know why they say shit like that ? Cause it comes back to them when something ****s up cos of installed aftermarket parts....
    True.. they probably get it all the time haha...

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord CL9
    My 03 Euro have done just a a bit over 140k but the clutch still good. and I bought the ORC clutch waiting for install. ATM I am broke due to the share market is bad. all is loosing money on share.
    Accord Basic

in all honesty, that does sound about right. i work in one of 3 in perth, and in the year i've been there, we've only done 1 accord euro clutch. jazz on the other hand is a diff story