Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast
    Hmmm they offer me the X-Pack thingy with nano tech thingy and they said that it will protect the exterior colour as new... but its cost around $1,500 ish... No need to wax and all for life!!! is it worth it?

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

or should i change to silver? (no other colour available)

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    All paint protection is a total waste of money, a sales gimmick. Nothing is as good elbow grease and meguiars.

Personal opinion i would take the silver option, but we all have different tastes. My Uncle got a Silver 1 on my advice, and they look quite nice, unfortunately for him he sold it after 6 weeks because it was TOO SMALL. Silly Senile Old Idiot.....lol. That's the one i told you you could get for a good price with 1500km on the clock.

ah ic buddah... but I dont really like the silver colour... too... ordinary anyway, let see how it goes then...

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Like you Denot i am not a great fan of Silver, if I was I would not have hesitated buying the second hand 1 I mentioned as I know it's history, the owner & have Driven it.

To me the problem is we only have 6 options when it comes to exterior colour & individual choices are as different as each individual personality. Speaking just for myself I automatically eliminate 3 of the 6 colours, that being Red, Black & Volcano Grey.

My order of preference is Pearl White, Silver, Blue as i feel these are more suitable with a black interior & they will hold age better than the other colours, & POSSIBLY have a better resale value, but we all think differently. The car is the same under the exterior colour, so no matter what you choose you will have a great car.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post
    just seal the deal today std auto black (no white ) with tint, mat and reverse for $35,200 for 08 build stock... 12kms... the 09 stock will be 40k driveaway starting tomorrow...
    Sweet price mate. I think you got a great deal.

And just on the black - Just get a good sealant. Will give it great protection, and make it a piece of piss to wash. It makes the paint so slick, that nothing will really stick to it. I live in a dusty windy place, and I always laugh when it rains. Everyone elses cars are left covered in shit, but mine is left all sparkling.

NXT gen liquid wax is a good sealant from Meg's, but there is better out there. I am using poli-seal on opti-seal over the top. Zaino is ment to be one of the best, as well as Klasse. Just prep the paint properly - clay - paint cleaner - and apply your sealant. It bonds to the paint and will last months. It is the best thing you can possibly do for that glossy wet look.

Do you have a random orbital? I got one of these:
    http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/pr...ction_polisher
    and it is worth it's weight in gold. Especially if you have a black car.
    Mine cost $250, but the price has gone up to $300. Beats polishing by hand....

Taken today, detailed on friday using poli-seal and opti-seal topper:
    Last edited by Type R Positive; 01-02-2009 at 02:55 PM.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post
    Hmmm they offer me the X-Pack thingy with nano tech thingy and they said that it will protect the exterior colour as new... but its cost around $1,500 ish... No need to wax and all for life!!! is it worth it?
    HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!
    It is a gimmick mate. They just use a paint sealant. You have to get a 'check up' which costs you lots of money to keep your 'warranty'. At this time, they just re-apply the sealant.

Just use a good sealant yourself.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 CU2 Lux Navi
    I didn't go with the paint protection.

I've been told that paint protection can make colour matching a problem, if god forbid someone hits you.

Colour is such a subjective thing, personally I love the Black and don't mind the extra work to keep it clean, I have been washing mine at least every second week, comes up like new with a bit of elbow work on the chamois.

Silver can be a bit of a bore but the Silver on the Euro is a really effective shade, I think it looks classy and it probably would have been my second choice.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by Sludge View Post
    comes up like new with a bit of elbow work on the chamois.
    You would be better off using a microfiber drying towel instead!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 CU2 Lux Navi
    Thanks, I'll give it a go.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    I am with Type R when it comes to paint protection, but i do everything by hand. Immediately after getting my Euro i went over it with Meguiars Paint Cleaner followed with NXT Gen 2 wax. I have just got the Meguiars Clay Bar & will soon be doing it again, but Clay Bar, paint Cleaner, Wax.

Just set aside a fine weekend about every 2 months to give it a good detail.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 EURO CU2 STD
    This is a very handy thread as I'm looking to purchase a new Euro this week, was going to buy this weekend but changed my mind and might get a luxury now.

I've been quoted $34,000 for a Black auto drive away for a standard which is very tempting but I'm hoping for $41,000 drive away on a Black auto Lux model.....

Just had a couple of questions since dealerships are not open on Sundays in Canberra.

-Are the Euro keys a flip type or just the standard type?
    -In the specs it says the standard model has halogen but when I looked at the car they look projected...?

One thing that annoys me is the boot space the full size alloy takes up, this should be an option instead imo.