5th gen shock removal

hey, any of you guys pulling out your rear shocks find it incredibly hard? is there anything i can do to make it any easier?? because it takes sooooo much moving around and tweaking to get the suckers out. ive even read the accord servicing manual and everything!

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    have you located the top of the shocker from behind the boot trim covers. ?

Yes yes if anyone has done this before for front and back and can give me a rundown as to how to do it, it would be great as i will be replacing springs soon. Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    VIP Nissan Cima
    Forged, i thought you had Airbags... All you need to do is deflate that sucker!

I had someone stand on the hub to pull it down as far as possible, while i wiggled and manouvered the shock out

For instructions, try this: http://www.accordracing.com/installa...-1997/springs/

There was another one posted on HondaSociety a while ago, but i cant find it now...

Member Array
    Car:
    happy car
    hmmz, rear shocks-- I GOT EM OUT -- well me and a friend--- pretty much same principle for all cars-- same principal---

just be patient and dont rush it-
    oh remeber to take the bolts off the strut which umm sum hoses are connected to-

hahahhaha yeah... nah its just when you goto pull the rear shock out, you have to fiddle round for a while, you can unbolt the arms and shit and it comes out way easier, but im just wondering why they made it such a pain in the ass... like the fronts are easy cause you can just unbolt the fork, but the rear is a pain. oh well, ill stick to my hour mission of getting each one out.

gimme a walkthrough? so i can double check.