Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    midori Array
    Car:
    EK4

Any Common problems wit FD civic.

I'm looking at to purchase a FD Civic. Just afew questions to current owners of FD's out there. I'm looking at to get the civic sport. i know absolutely jack shit about this car.

- What common problems do they have if any?
    - I noticed that they are 2.0L? are they k series? twin cam? (real noob shit right here)
    - Body wise, the differences in the Civic Sport and the VTi-L? (lip, wheels and things like that)i noticed the civic sport has wheels similiar if not the same to the ep3r. but i've seen other civic sports with different standard wheels.

- only the sports came in 2.0L? anything under the sports came 1.8L right?

but yeah.. tell me what you know! any information would be great!
    Last edited by dupac->; 28-11-2008 at 12:17 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 VTI-R, FD1
    this might apply to the sports model

but most common problems on the new civic 06+ to current is the front drivers/passengers side windows not winding up and getting jammed. I've had this problem and so have many other owners. Quick fix with silicone spray or a quick fix by the dealer.

The 2.0L i believe is the detuned version seen in the DC5, the first generation to current integra coupes. Sports are 2.0L and the vti/vtil are 1.8

Body wise is the same throughout the civic range. The lip/body kit etc is the Honda OEM bodykit as optional. (side skirts, front lip, rear, spoiler). Leather is standard on the sport and the extra airbags etc

The EP3R rims are identical, same stud pattern and the EP3R rims can straight swap onto a FD2. The 06 sports model came with a different set of rims and later got changed in 07+ to current.

hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by dupac-> View Post
    I'm looking at to purchase a FD Civic. Just afew questions to current owners of FD's out there. I'm looking at to get the civic sport. i know absolutely jack shit about this car.

- What common problems do they have if any?
    - I noticed that they are 2.0L? are they k series? twin cam? (real noob shit right here)
    - Body wise, the differences in the Civic Sport and the VTi-L? (lip, wheels and things like that)i noticed the civic sport has wheels similiar if not the same to the ep3r. but i've seen other civic sports with different standard wheels.

- only the sports came in 2.0L? anything under the sports came 1.8L right?

but yeah.. tell me what you know! any information would be great!
    Last edited by BC8; 28-11-2008 at 12:28 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    96 CD5
    06 Civic Sport here,

Had problems with the CD Player, cd's just wouldn't eject anymore. Was fixed under warrenty.

Other then that no problems at all.

The 06 Sports model has the different rims to the ep3r.

If your going for the sports it better be for the extra safety or leather interior. The engine is detuned for "drivability" (lol) and general K20 mods won't be a straight fit (reason escapes me). Having said that there are the standrd mods for the FD2.

Yep the 2.0 is also DOHC/twin-cam.

As a previous poster said, the only real widespread issue is the front electric windows getting stuck.

midori Array
    Car:
    EK4
    Quote Originally Posted by BC8 View Post
    this might apply to the sports model

but most common problems on the new civic 06+ to current is the front drivers/passengers side windows not winding up and getting jammed. I've had this problem and so have many other owners. Quick fix with silicone spray or a quick fix by the dealer.

The 2.0L i believe is the detuned version seen in the DC5, the first generation to current integra coupes. Sports are 2.0L and the vti/vtil are 1.8

Body wise is the same throughout the civic range. The lip/body kit etc is the Honda OEM bodykit as optional. (side skirts, front lip, rear, spoiler). Leather is standard on the sport and the extra airbags etc

The EP3R rims are identical, same stud pattern and the EP3R rims can straight swap onto a FD2. The 06 sports model came with a different set of rims and later got changed in 07+ to current.

hope that helps!
    that made it much clearer..
    07 looks much better than 06.
    maybe just small things but yeah.. made it very clear thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tmy View Post
    06 Civic Sport here,

Had problems with the CD Player, cd's just wouldn't eject anymore. Was fixed under warrenty.

Other then that no problems at all.

The 06 Sports model has the different rims to the ep3r.
    +1 to you all

midori Array
    Car:
    EK4
    yeah my EK passenger window is abit shithouse aswell..

stupid honda.

lol

silly spray works wonders.

not planning to mod the FD engine wise.

but prefer to buy the fd with lip kit and all.. better than buying them afterwards which will cost me a shat loads just for the kits.

thats prob why i rather choose civic sport over the vti or the vti-L.

and would rather the 2.0L motor.

but yeah.. seems like an overall good car..

is there alot of aftermarket support for this car?

suspension/coil overs?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD1 VTi-L MY06
    The most common problem with an FD2 Civic Sport??

It isn't as awesome as one of these puppies...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    135i
    Lack of torque below 6000 rpm! Test drive it first to see if the civic is really for you. I too was planning to buy a new civic, but when I test drove it, I was dissappointed...

but prefer to buy the fd with lip kit and all.. better than buying them afterwards which will cost me a shat loads just for the kits.
    Of course you can get the honda lip kit for the vti/vti-l from the dealer. Getting it aftermarket is much cheaper anyway. Besides the Honda lip kit is conservative and look small compared to mugen. Your choice tho.

and would rather the 2.0L motor.
    You did know that a vti matches sport 0-100 right? Honestly if your gonna get the sport get it for the interior leather and extra safety features.

And yes there's plenty to chose from in terms of coilovers and springs.
    Last edited by markCivicVti; 28-11-2008 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Just being more conservative with my comment :P

midori Array
    Car:
    EK4
    yeah? is the vti 1.8 dohc or sohc?

yeah i want the leather n stuff..

but on carsales isnt MUCH of a difference in price.. 2-3k so prefer go sports for now..

but vti-L is an option.. power wise dont really mind.. as its more of a cruiser got my ek4 still to rip around

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    sports is slower 0-100 because of all the extras u get.. sunroof, airbags, leather, etc. if your looking to thrash it or do some performance mods, take the vti or vti-l, otherwise the sports is really nice with leather interior and extra safety features. Visual and body mods.. wont make a difference with which model you have since body is constant throughout the range.

Quote Originally Posted by black8thgen View Post
    sports is slower 0-100 because of all the extras u get.. sunroof, airbags, leather, etc. if your looking to thrash it or do some performance mods, take the vti or vti-l, otherwise the sports is really nice with leather interior and extra safety features. Visual and body mods.. wont make a difference with which model you have since body is constant throughout the range.
    i agree, i'd be happy with with the k20z in the fd1...