Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

HID for Jazz....

Hey guys:

Just wondering...whether u guys know where i can get good n cheap HID conversion kit LOL....thats wat ppl alwiz want...good n cheap...Location in VIC-melb...My budget is around $600-800(if can plus fitted)

Looking for 7000k or 8000k... izzit legal??? i know purple is illegal...coz frens got pullover...wat bout blue

Cheers mate!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000, Jazz, Civic
    Check PM

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    PM tanghy or check out Motorware in Clayton Sth.

and doesn't matter if they're blue or purple...cops will defect you if they're in a shitty mood nonetheless...generally and i think if the lights aren't OEM, then they are in fact illegal anyways.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord 98 + BMW 328CI
    ppl sellling HID for $355 on ebay..
    was gonna get it .. but then... thinked again... they were china made... worried about the quality

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    Technically HIDs are illegal if fitted to a car that didn't have them fitted from the factory. At the moment, the ADRs specify that if the car is fitted with HIDs it will need to have a light washing system, and a self-leveling system.

If you start looking at 8000k HIDs, you are simply after looks, not performance - go buy some cheap bulbs from some didgy place.

If you are serious about improving the performance of your lighting, look at the 4300k range. That is the whitest light (and hence best vision) - the car manufacturers aren't stupid....this is what they use....

Member Array
    Car:
    Juliett Alpha Zulu Zulu
    Jap spec has HID as options and it has projector headlight as well but I guess it will still illegal here as it doesn't have washer.

Imagine having a dead bug on the cover and the light beam is going all around blinding people.

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    You sure the Jap-spec Fit has projector lenses for the HID option?

Got any pics?

I know HIDs are an option but the ones I've seen with HIDs didn't have projectors from memory....would look mad with projectors if they looked like the Dynamite head lights.

If you stick to a white HID kit (4300k) chances are you won't get defected or anything like that. I don't know of anyone running aftermarket 4300ks getting defected, but I do now of people with 8000k getting defected constantly....

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    a fren of mine got 8000k .. and got pull over heaps.. but not a defect notice yet tho...
    but 8000k is like blue blue ... 6000k is much brighter i reckon

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    lol
    8000k still improve a lot mate
    get a set with look and perform will be nice
    i got 8000k and i am just right between the cop, i am scare but they dun think is a problem so.................
    actually as Jus said, white bulbs are classify as illegal anyway so y not get a look and perfrom one
    lol IMO only but HID is all good

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2+2, DC5R, LE
    the ppl on ebay selling the HID for 3xx is actually a friend of mine
    if u want better quality u can pm me and i can ask if he got any other better quality than china
    i dont like china HID either as my electrian told me they may leakc electricity to the car and short circuit some of the electric stuff
    thats what i heard
    so i didnt put on the china HID even is cheap
    Race Nation Auto
    XFORCE PERFORMANCE EXHAUST
    ENON HID & POWER LED
    KONI SUSPENSION & KINGS SPRINGS
    VOLKS RACING REPLICA,ENKEI RIMS, JDM ENGINE PACKAGE

Member Array
    Car:
    Juliett Alpha Zulu Zulu
    Quote Originally Posted by Jus-10
    You sure the Jap-spec Fit has projector lenses for the HID option?

Got any pics?

I know HIDs are an option but the ones I've seen with HIDs didn't have projectors from memory....would look mad with projectors if they looked like the Dynamite head lights.

constantly....

You are right Jus, it doesn't come with projector lenses. If the beams are adjusted properly during the installation, that would ease of the cops attention. Pure white lights are very bluish in the dark. Even white LEDs appear blueish when you first look at it. It's not hard to differenciate between 3200K and 8000K

Just my 2c

anyone want Raybrig H4 HID (5000K)? price $800 plus shipping cost
    100% made in Japan