Member Array
    Car:
    Integra 1998 DC4

Slight Issue... DC4 Handbrake Indicator

Hey Guys
    my DC4 has a Issue with the Handbrake Indicator...
    If i leave the car to warm up for like 10min or more and start Driving the Handbrake Indicator doesnt stay on after i release the handbrake, BUT in the morning with i warm the car up for any less then 10mins the Handbrake light stays on for like 20mins then goes away... this does not happen if i drive the car in the afternoon... Looks like if i dun drive the car for more than 10 hours this happens... Any Ideas??

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    97 Honda Integra VTiR
    Check wires around the handbrake and the actual switch it might be buggered.... My skylines one was buggered bought a new one from nissan fixed it for me... honda should be the same...

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    its the switch to activate the light, open up your handbrake console and locate the switch and i think you have to tighten a bolt. The handbrake light has nothing to do with warming up the car or enginewise stuff.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    RiceTrolley.
    had the same prob.. then i think it went away by it self :S
    凸-_-凸

Member Array
    Car:
    Nonda Tiburon
    haha i had this same problem too - the dissapearing handbrake light. it would go away if i left the car and warmed it up , but would hang around if i didnt. it would also come up after i took turns sharply or when i was on an incline

mine turned out to be the flotation device in the brake resivior (where you put brake fluid). anyways the wiring / connections was buggered so i just got a replacement for it and it went away.

just take it to a mechanic - hannys in smithfield sorted mine out.
    ..OzHonda Spam Crew..
    ..We Welcome You Abourd!..

DC2R/DC5R Parts for SALE!

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra 1998 DC4
    Quote Originally Posted by 1900-hustler View Post
    haha i had this same problem too - the dissapearing handbrake light. it would go away if i left the car and warmed it up , but would hang around if i didnt. it would also come up after i took turns sharply or when i was on an incline

mine turned out to be the flotation device in the brake resivior (where you put brake fluid). anyways the wiring / connections was buggered so i just got a replacement for it and it went away.

just take it to a mechanic - hannys in smithfield sorted mine out.
    Just wondering how much that cost??

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2 & DC4
    also make sure your brake fluid level isn't low, i believe its the same light for handbrake/low brake fluid

Member Array
    Car:
    Nonda Tiburon
    Quote Originally Posted by TEK View Post
    Just wondering how much that cost??
    charged me nothing..
    did it as per the usual 110k service charge
    ..OzHonda Spam Crew..
    ..We Welcome You Abourd!..

DC2R/DC5R Parts for SALE!