Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport
    Quote Originally Posted by JN7 View Post
    I've got 2 x 12" Kicker Comps run off a Sony MonoAmp and had it professionally installed so I should be able to get that clean bass if I did everything else right?
    what sub box u have?? ported?? or non ported?

ported is the ones that have holes on the sides so you can hear more BASS good for techno....

non ported boxes is the ones with no holes so give you a nice sounding Bass for R&B...

Quote Originally Posted by mars_panas View Post

ported is the ones that have holes on the sides so you can hear more BASS good for techno....

non ported boxes is the ones with no holes so give you a nice sounding Bass for R&B...
    I have one hole on ONE of the sides. When I get the chance.. I'll get the part number and I'll show you a pic. I'm into the RNB.. not the techno.. so I screwed up :P

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    when u say "clean bass" do you mean 'no mass rattling from outside of the car' or....

ported box is fine. if anything its better for r&b since that genre has more lower notes.. so itll play down low more efficiently.

professionally installed is pretty subjective if you get my drift.....

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Quote Originally Posted by mars_panas View Post

i like RNB and i ran a ported box..

also, a ported box doesnt just have a "hole" in the side

it has a port of specific length and diameter to tune a particular box size to a certain frequency

basically, a ported box will play lower and keept a flatter frequency response whereas a sealed box will roll off sooner
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    accord euro
    your asking questions to which there is no difinitive answer... install it, properly.... tune, tune and then tune again till all posibilities are exhausted, if your still not happy, buy new gear and start over

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Accord EURO
    lol john tune ur headunit

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    you guys haven't heard proper bass before, stop telling porky's!!!

as we say in the industry, adding truck loads of bass in a car is easy, making it sound good now thats the trick...
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    but when you hear truckloads of bass that is perfect, it makes you wana cream
    to see all of my build, checkout

Quote Originally Posted by arverson View Post
    when u say "clean bass" do you mean 'no mass rattling from outside of the car' or....

ported box is fine. if anything its better for r&b since that genre has more lower notes.. so itll play down low more efficiently.
    As in.. bass that can be heard from outside the car and does not rattle the boot.. so in other words.. what you said :P

Quote Originally Posted by JN7 View Post
    As in.. bass that can be heard from outside the car and does not rattle the boot.. so in other words.. what you said :P
    sound deaden your boot if you dont want it to rattle.... lol...

how it sounds inside is another issue

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    going by your definition of clean bass, just install it then SD if neccessary

worry about how it sound inside. if you want the wank factor just wind down all the windows & open your boot while you drive