Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 07 Luxury

Anyone tried K&N Apollo?

Can anyone who got it installed give me some feed back?
    Is it ok during rainning session(Cairns)?
    And how does it sound like?

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    K&N apollo is a enclosed pod filter which sits inside the engine bay.
    You can use the standard rubber piping for it otherwise you need to customise it to suit the sensors.

the force feed pipe with trumpet is just a black coated aluminium about 2.75" dia. + funnel/trumpet adapter is to be connected up to the pod filter enclosure and feeds cold air to it.

You will not have much water and moisture going into it so you should be fine.
    But before hand what water levels do you get in cairns? flash floods? height level of water?
    If just pissing down rain you should be fine, but either way you should be fine since the filter sits high above most flood levels that are <1m

BTW if you have a luxury you may find it hard to install the force feed pipe since there is not much room to play around with unless you customise your force feed like how member DRU has done. PM him if you want details as his got an Apollo too.

K&N is a reputable brand for high quality filters, compared to the AEM one i had it has better flow which helped increase the throttle response a bit. With this Apollo CIS you will need to get a K&N recharge kit if you want to replace as i've searched on their website but couldn't find any replacement pods since this pod is a triangular oiled filter.

Hope this helps and sorry for it being a bit long winded.

Cheers,
    Darren
    Last edited by Crapdaz; 05-12-2008 at 06:15 AM.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    DRU is currently on holidays, i'm driving his car at the moment while my tranny is getting a rebuild.

Throttle responce is deffiently heaps better, also sounds very nice The pricing is very reasonable as well.

I'll get some pics for you later...

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    well, i am running without the proper cold air feed as i am waiting until i get my kit put on.

But depends on the day sometimes it sounds hollow sometimes it sound beefier.

What else does DRU have on his car?
    vTeK 4-Life!

Sorry about the quick aside, but whereabouts can I pick an Apollo up? Do any vendors here do k&n filters? or would rocking down to the nearest repco/supercheap have one?

Sorry I'm new here, please be gentle...

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    no they won't have them in stock normally, there are a few places around sydney who have them not sure about other locations.

price ranges from $200-250.

you'll need to search on google, i bought mine from www.modyourcar.com.au as that was the cheapest and they had it on sale free with free shipping.

or i know that american autoparts in hombush area has it.
    vTeK 4-Life!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 07 Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Crapdaz View Post
    K&N apollo is a enclosed pod filter which sits inside the engine bay.
    You can use the standard rubber piping for it otherwise you need to customise it to suit the sensors.

the force feed pipe with trumpet is just a black coated aluminium about 2.75" dia. + funnel/trumpet adapter is to be connected up to the pod filter enclosure and feeds cold air to it.

You will not have much water and moisture going into it so you should be fine.
    But before hand what water levels do you get in cairns? flash floods? height level of water?
    If just pissing down rain you should be fine, but either way you should be fine since the filter sits high above most flood levels that are <1m

BTW if you have a luxury you may find it hard to install the force feed pipe since there is not much room to play around with unless you customise your force feed like how member DRU has done. PM him if you want details as his got an Apollo too.

K&N is a reputable brand for high quality filters, compared to the AEM one i had it has better flow which helped increase the throttle response a bit. With this Apollo CIS you will need to get a K&N recharge kit if you want to replace as i've searched on their website but couldn't find any replacement pods since this pod is a triangular oiled filter.

Hope this helps and sorry for it being a bit long winded.

Cheers,
    Darren
    Thank you so much for the feed back, cause I couldn't deceide between Apollo and Injen but because my Euro is an auto so I've been told Injen might lose power on low RPM, it does look like Apollo is the way to go for me.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by devilians View Post
    I will give you guys a call on monday cheers for the info, BTW are there any brackets and things I will need to buy to fit the apollo?
    you may need to fabricate a ring bracket so it holds the end of the pod up, but i am unsure as my setup is slightly different to urs as i have the RBC intake manifold.
    vTeK 4-Life!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 07 Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by tpphan View Post
    DRU is currently on holidays, i'm driving his car at the moment while my tranny is getting a rebuild.

Throttle responce is deffiently heaps better, also sounds very nice The pricing is very reasonable as well.

I'll get some pics for you later...
    will you be able to get me some pic will like to see how it was installed

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    i haven't had time to make a proper bracket so i am driving with it on (1x 45deg coupler, my old AEM SRI aluminium pipe, 1x 90deg coupler then pod) it loose.

But i have a tshirt blocking the intake from hitting the battery and chassis.

Will make a bracket during the holidays but i'll take a photo of it before and after for you. Wait til i get home from work tonight for a before shot.
    vTeK 4-Life!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Yeah, ill see if i can tonight. Been busy at work for the last few days.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    go tp go tp!! sorry i lurve spam!
    vTeK 4-Life!