Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    400HP cd5 Accord

Microtech or Hondata

Well the project is in its final stages and its time to choose an ECU. Was goin to get an Autronic but its a little outa my price range at this moment in time.
    The question is that should i get the microtech or the hondata?
    I need some experienced answers here ie people who have delt with both systems and what they recommend.
    By the way, its for a built h22a turbo.

Thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    if we were in america, id say hondata. its proven to be easily tuned and has great control over STOCK sensors.. but we are in australia.....

as for the microtech, it replaces many factory sensors and u often combine it with aftermarket ignition.. i cant comment as far as i know if its not installed right, u'll have problems for a long time.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

I heard that Microtech has often earnt the name microwreck.

Hondata seems to have proven its turbo capacity on the b series engines as far as james's car goes i guess.. though no one knows how much extra cash has gone into that car to make it good.. maybe talk to him in private and get some advice..

I have a mate that tells me a Haltech ECU can also manage a turbo honda engine quite well too though i havent seen it for myself. Though i dunno on the cost of them. I can email him if you like.. let me know.

Anyways keep us informed about the results once your done.. should be awesome dude!

Microtech

Quote Originally Posted by Weq
    if we were in america, id say hondata. its proven to be easily tuned and has great control over STOCK sensors.. but we are in australia.....

as for the microtech, it replaces many factory sensors and u often combine it with aftermarket ignition.. i cant comment as far as i know if its not installed right, u'll have problems for a long time.
    Ok here we go again Microtech changes NO SENSORS it uses all the factory Honda stuff.And the other post about microwreck that is not the correct way to talk about something that did not happen to you just another friend of a friend BULLSHIT story.If they where no good for Hondas do you think that Online would use it in there 9sec Turbo CRX drag car and ALLMTR in his 12 sec N/A civic.It is all about the way they are tuned and I have used them for years and still do they are great value for money ECUs.
    Regards Dyno Dave
    Buddyclub Australia
    Member of Master Of Vtec Group

Member Array
    Car:
    05 CBR600RR, EGG
    so microtechs are good for the money if they're tuned right? how much do they retail for? around $1000 to $1500 isnt it?

Microtech

They retail for $1095 PM me for more details.
    Regards Dyno Dave
    Buddyclub Australia

Member Array
    Car:
    400HP cd5 Accord
    thanks for all the replies.
    i still haven't made up my mind though

above all else, you should consider which your tuner prefers, after all, his (or her :P)the one getting results from your car.

PandaCRX what is the reason for the photo that blow up had NOTHING to do
    with Hondata it was a missed gear on the downshift.So I do not see what putting the photo has to do with the question asked about Hondata or Microtech.If Peter the owner of the car see's the photo up he will ask you to remove it as he just see's $$$$$$$$$$$$ when looking at it.
    Regards Dyno Dave
    Buddyclub Australia

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    Peter is a member of this forum, have some respect man.
    Once again, that picture in this tread is a cop out for a totally unrelated event.
    And an ECU is only as good as the person who tunes it

Quote Originally Posted by McChook
    Peter is a member of this forum, have some respect man.
    Once again, that picture in this tread is a cop out for a totally unrelated event.
    And an ECU is only as good as the person who tunes it
    Good one McChook.
    Regards Dyno Dave
    Buddyclub Australia

Having taken another thought about this, waht other ecu can really compete with the microtech at the price bracket?

Cos once you add boost and odb2 conversion to odb1 etc the hondata price goes up a fair bit and they dont even really compete with each other anymore? would i be right in saying that dynodave?