Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Short Shifter Part - Will it fit my Car?

Hi All,

Im looking at buying a short shifter for a 2003 Accord Euro, was wondering if you would know if the following part would fit my car. The short shifter is for an
    "Accord Euro R (CL7)" the man referred to it as a 'Japanese model'

As far as I am aware the Accord Euro that the part is for is a CL7 but not a Euro R.

Any ideas on this??????

Thanks

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by secksy View Post
    Hi All,

Im looking at buying a short shifter for a 2003 Accord Euro, was wondering if you would know if the following part would fit my car. The short shifter is for an
    "Accord Euro R (CL7)" the man referred to it as a 'Japanese model'

As far as I am aware the Accord Euro that the part is for is a CL7 but not a Euro R.

Any ideas on this??????

Thanks
    Is this the Mugen/Spoon short shifter for CL7? If it is, then yes, it will fit the CL9 Accord Euro.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    As aaronng mentioned CL7 part? Is it this part no. 54000-XKB-K0S0?

The part no. i specified is for a mugen short shifter which will fit 100%.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Wow, thanks guys for your speedy replies

Yes thats the part number. So there's no difference between the euro r and euro?????? I would just like to be 100% certain before i order it.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Wow, thanks guys for your speedy replies

Yes thats the part number. So there's no difference between the euro r and euro?????? I would just like to be 100% certain before i order it.
    There are differences in other parts of the cars, but for the short shifter, both cars are the same.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    agreed with master ng!

The part no. i supplied is the part no. on the one i installed last year sometime ago.

Price is too dear for them for the time being due to the AUD being sucky.
    vTeK 4-Life!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    It is worth it though. Daz, you need a new gearknob! Get one that works in unison with the short shifter. Your knob makes your shifter feel notchy.

Oh okay! Wonderful I shall order one thanks for your help Am I allowed to ask in this forum what you guys have paid prior to the AUD bein bad??? I am just curious in the difference between now and the past and whether its worth me waiting or not. Or are those questions not allowed? I am not sure about forum ettiquette...

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    yeh no worries,

i paid $350-375AUD, this was prior to AUD being bad ass...
    I didn't get it from traders than as when i did get it they were going for $400+.

AAAAAAARRROOOONNNN yeh i agree it is worth it, makes the shifter alot nicer to shift in cause it's heavier.
    vTeK 4-Life!

If you need a new gear knob will i need to get one as well? I want it to all go nicely... what do you recommend, anything in particular? I have no idea about this stuff (obviously)

And thanks for the price idea, i seem to be able to get it quite cheap compared to current prices!!!!! Some places have quoted $425+ but i know someone who can get it much cheaper.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    If you need a new gear knob will i need to get one as well? I want it to all go nicely... what do you recommend, anything in particular? I have no idea about this stuff (obviously)

And thanks for the price idea, i seem to be able to get it quite cheap compared to current prices!!!!! Some places have quoted $425+ but i know someone who can get it much cheaper.
    You don't need to get a new gearknob. It is your preference. I'd say try it with the stock knob first and then see if you are alright with it or prefer a heavier knob.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro

yeh go for it then.

But shift knob get it at a later date unless your buying other stuff shipped in but if from dealers in Oz then just hold off unless you don't like the driving feel as aaron has mentioned.
    vTeK 4-Life!