Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Interesting, how come you guys have decided to change the knob? How do you find th changes were with the short shifter?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by secksy View Post
    Interesting, how come you guys have decided to change the knob? How do you find th changes were with the short shifter?
    It started because my 2nd gear was notchy. I got a DC5R knob. Then I realised that it was caused by shifting habits by me pulling down and to the left when shifting from 1st to 2nd. So I fixed that. After that, I got the short shifter. Then I found out that a heavier knob was being released in the US, so I went for that and sold off the DC5R knob. Haven't found a better knob since.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

So what knob do you have? Ive only really seen that countersunk one, is that yours? I dont really like the look of that, it looks like it has had a stunted growth. Can you recommend any that dont look so vertically challenged?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    This is the one I have: http://www.mavenmotorsports.com/

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    Aaron how did u find my Sparco globe knob?

sorry i haven't tried it with stock knob but i can if you want me to.

that's my shift knob sparco globe, does not use the mugen shifter thread, it has an adaptor which gets plugged into it and then you screw the knob in.
    Last edited by Crapdaz; 08-12-2008 at 11:33 AM.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Omgosh no, u dont have to try that - ill just trust its better with a new gear knob.. goodness u would have to change it all over!

Both are quite nice! Much better than that countersunk one. Daz, does yours look short? Aarons looks like it isnt short... But i cant tell with urs cos its jst th pic of the knob...

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    aaron has driven my car and it's lower than his knob.

My sparco knob is about 50mm from the flange to the top and it sits countersunk into the shifter stick, around 40-45mm in.

Omgosh no, u dont have to try that - ill just trust its better with a new gear knob.. goodness u would have to change it all over!

Both are quite nice! Much better than that countersunk one. Daz, does yours look short? Aarons looks like it isnt short... But i cant tell with urs cos its jst th pic of the knob...
    vTeK 4-Life!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Crapdaz View Post
    Aaron how did u find my Sparco globe knob?

sorry i haven't tried it with stock knob but i can if you want me to.

[IMG]http://www.ogracing.com/images/products/706-SPARCO-GLOBE-SHIFT-KNOB-small.jpg[IMG]
    that's my shift knob sparco globe, does not use the mugen shifter thread, it has an adaptor which gets plugged into it and then you screw the knob in.
    Your knob made me have to concentrate while shifting. With mine, I don't have to. Remind me next time and I'll take you for a ride in my car to show you the difference.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe

Mine's regular height because it is not countersunk. His is much shorter.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    yeh i was thinking about changing it......
    vTeK 4-Life!

Oh right, yeh i dont like th short knobs............ ha ha... but really... Do you guys know of any other good ones?

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    i reckon this is nice
    and not too short
    http://www.nengun.com/spoon/shift-knob

the spoon knob.
    vTeK 4-Life!