Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I only have a cat back, and now a 3A racing pod in the OEM airbox... averaging 550-600 per tank. Moderate vtecing, 80% freeway km's.
    Was previously running a trust replacement filter and also a pipercross one, which still averaged 550-600 a tank. My light normally comes on at 540-560.

What is your driving style like? and what areas/roads are driven on?

I'm not heavy on the throttle or anything. I even let the car roll slowing to the lights when its red hoping it will turn green so i can increase fuel economy.

Never even been on more than 90km zone in my EP3. Mainly on 60km/hr roads, usually in 5th and 6th if road is straight and flat.
    Rep my posts if they are helpful!

I reach approx 450-480k per tank with very sedate driving

I don't think your fuel enconomy is too far off. I recall when I was living with my gf closer to my work, which was a 9km round trip, also driving into the CBD some days which is a 18km round trip. All 60km driving I recall getting approx 440-460 a tank. Some days driven during tail end of peak traffic. Minimal Vtec.

perhaps since the ep3 is tuned on a higher RON - using our 98 or worse makes
    The can run richer and thus more fuel used ?!
    Just a theory !

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Evo IX and now EP3
    I usually get 460-500k a tank. Only let the vtec comes in maybe 2-3 times per tank. So I guess it's not too bad.

Member Array
    Car:
    02 EP3R /97 EK1
    Mine is about 450-500k/ 98 RON tank mainly driving on 60 / 70k roads ... vtecing sometimes
    and I found that using Caltex fuel isn't as fuel efficient as V-Power or Mobil (7-11) fuel

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    Quote Originally Posted by vishta View Post
    I found that using Caltex fuel isn't as fuel efficient as V-Power or Mobil (7-11) fuel
    funny, quite the opposite for me. V-power for me burns much more quickly than vortex 98. best results with bp ult.
    i normally get around 450-500km before light comes on. i normally shift around 4k rpms, esp in 1st gear but once i hit 60km i drop it straight into 6th, unless i'm in a hurry. vtec a few times a week.
    +rep me if you like my posts! =)
    EP3 --> 4G63 --> DC5s

Member Array
    Car:
    Vonda R
    guys i use to get like 370-90 before light comes on, this was before mods though, just after changing filter and complete flush after getting 270km max when i just drove for a week from dealers. Now with the gruppe m and rm01a my tank gets to 340, light comes on but this is with short distance driving <10min trip each way to/from station for the weekdays. When im filling up just as the light comes on max it'll do is 33-35litres, recently had to get another o2 sensor replaced hoping the new one be more efficient in controlling my fuel eco. Hardly vtecing it and im keeping revs between 2.5-3.
    SPAM|WERKS
    got you covered with a johnoroll

mine isnt to bad, i get under 400 but vtec all the time.
    Exhaust and intake on mine

Member Array
    Car:
    ABA-EP3, LA-EP3
    It comes down to what viscosity you're using with your engine oil and your driving style.

The higher viscosity the higher the fuel consumption will be but will offer better protection for the engine.

Driving style varies from person to person. Having an intake doesn't necessarily mean you'll get better fuel economy. To some people it's worse because they may be more heavy footed to achieve the intake growl.

400 before the light turns on sounds ok to me. Most importantly you should do the maths. Work out your L per 100km ratio by finding out how much it needs to filled for a full tank and how many kms you drove.

if you achieving below 10L per 100km then you're doing ok with fuel.

For your reference, I think Fn2 does about 9.5L/100km from what Honda marketing claims. So if you're close to that value then you don't need worry. But if you're achieving 11 or more with normal driving then I would look into the issue more further then.

Member Array
    Car:
    Vonda R
    using 10-40 for oil, since im reaching 340 now and the light comes on, refuelling to say 35litres: 340/35 gets me 9.7l/100?
    SPAM|WERKS
    got you covered with a johnoroll