Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro CU2 Lux Navi 6MT

[CU2] Delivery times for new CU2 Euro's

Hi all. I ordered a new CU2 Euro Luxury Navi manual on the 22nd of August and was told that because it was a special order it would be between 2 - 4 months before it got here. On the contract it has an estimated delivery date of the 15th of December. I have been in constant contact with my dealer, but they are still not able to get a definate date as they say Honda Australia are a bit slow in updated delivery times. My questions are:

1. For anyone who has had to order a car in, have they been able to know what stage there car is at at any given time?
    2. How long has it generally taken to get a car in that is not in stock?

The reason I ask is that I am getting pretty fed up with getting the run around from both my dealer and Honda Australia and am on the verge of cancelling my order and buying a different make of car. I know quite a few other makes can tell you exactly where your car is at any given time.

Any help and advise would be appreciated.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    Hi all. I ordered a new CU2 Euro Luxury Navi manual on the 22nd of August and was told that because it was a special order it would be between 2 - 4 months before it got here. On the contract it has an estimated delivery date of the 15th of December. I have been in constant contact with my dealer, but they are still not able to get a definate date as they say Honda Australia are a bit slow in updated delivery times. My questions are:

1. For anyone who has had to order a car in, have they been able to know what stage there car is at at any given time?

The reason I ask is that I am getting pretty fed up with getting the run around from both my dealer and Honda Australia and am on the verge of cancelling my order and buying a different make of car. I know quite a few other makes can tell you exactly where your car is at any given time.

When i bought mine in June 06 i had to wait approx.3 weeks.The sales guy(a friend)kept me updated every week.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    I waited 4 months for my Toyota VX Prado TD last year. The wait is over 6 months now so im told.

I waited 3 1/2 months for my CL9 back in '04.

There is no way to know when your car is ready until your car is allocated to the dealership. The wait seems to be 3 - 4 months typically.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro Lux 5AT/CR-V Lux

Generally dealers are only given production months from a manufacturer, with the vehicles being built in Japan it takes approx 20 days on the water, it is not until the car lands in Australia that a dealer would be able to give you more information or an approx date of the vehicle arriving at the dealership, the more cars on the boat the process can sometimes take longer also as the vehicles still have to go through a process here in oz.

So obviously it depends a lot on what time during the month the vehicle is built and how many are on the boat.............Believe me the dealer would be just as keen as you to deliver the car, they want your money in the bank as soon as possible. Try to be patient, it'll be worth it.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro CU2 Lux Navi 6MT
    Sadly my patience is starting to wear a bit thin. I remember when my wife ordered a Mazda 3, she received postcards 'from' her car letting her know where it was at all times. I also believe with Ford you can actually track your Falcon coming down the production line, which is why I can't understand why they have no idea where my car is.

I receive my CL9 in like 2 weeks after paying the deposit....

I think you would have to wait longer cause mostly Euro Luxury Navi that come in are probably Auto, so they would have to ship in one for you...

ask for freebies cause you are still not getting your car after the promise date

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro CU2 Lux Navi 6MT
    I have asked for freebies, but I am basically being told tough. The salesperson that I originally dealt with has left the dealership, so this is also complicating things. The original salesperson also promised floor mats (I stupidly didn't ask for it on the original contract) but now I am being told that if it is not on the original contract, I won't be getting them. It is the attitude of the dealership that is annoying me the most to be honest.

Member Array
    Car:
    SloEur
    I have asked for freebies, but I am basically being told tough. The salesperson that I originally dealt with has left the dealership, so this is also complicating things. The original salesperson also promised floor mats (I stupidly didn't ask for it on the original contract) but now I am being told that if it is not on the original contract, I won't be getting them. It is the attitude of the dealership that is annoying me the most to be honest.
    unfortunately, yes, you have to get the salesperson to put everything in writting.
    so, while you might not get your mats, you might be able to walk into the dealership, to discuss about cancelling your order.. since, they cannot fulfil the 15 Dec delivery date. that is when you can start making your demands. be prepared to cancel your order on the spot.
    if you definitely want the car, buy from another dealership... start your 'negotiation' from there... this does not make your wait any shorter, though. however, if your manual luxury navi model is already on its way to you, the other dealer may just grab that for you..
    Last edited by MiSloVic; 10-12-2008 at 12:48 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    SP20 Skyactiv
    Firstly, mate be greatful you didn't go for a European car....

My CL9 took about a month for delivery as they had it in stock...

But my GTI was another story... estimated delivery was 6 months, until they located one in Australia with similar specs just two extra doors, and that still took just under 2 months!

be patient
    Wanting to find ways of making MILLIONS!

i once walked through the streets of laredo...

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Good things come to those who wait.....

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    i'd be getting a refund and buying it elsewhere.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by albii View Post
    i'd be getting a refund and buying it elsewhere.
    F that, Steve just has to wait.......
    Refund isn't going to get him a car any quicker.