Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '94 NSX

1992-1996 ENGINE deatil swaps

I work a few jobs for my uncle who owns a panel beating and minor performance shop in Perth. A customer of his wants to know what engines can fit in the 1992 - 1996 model Honda Prelude Si. I used to have one (but no longer have it, I sold it for CBR1000R XD) he asked me but I have no clue!

Does anyone know? I think the customer wants to put a V6 (RB26 I think he wants, but that seems too tall?) in the car.

If you ask me, putting a V6 and adding turbos to a Honda Prelude seems silly but the customer is always right. Any help would be massively appreciated please, but make sure it's right as I don't want to end up telling the customer to buy an engine that we cant fit!!!

CHEERS

CKEY

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    tell him he is dreaming
    best bet is to sell it and get a vtir
    which has a h22 vtec motor
    then if he wants more power maybe he can turbo it

haha have fun creating the transmission tunnel for the RWD motor.

Stick to a FWD Honda engine at least!

x2 as above

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Prelude VTi-R ATTS
    H22A is about as good as it gets. There are people pulling 700+whp from turbo setups though which is already pretty ridiculous for a FWD car. There is also a mid engine RWD H22A 4th gen though as well as a mid engine RWD H22A integra. So really anything is possible if you have the time and/or $$$'s. Then again maybe a blue-top vtec H23A turbo. Could also just boost the existing H23A.

Tell them to put a C32B in the back. To give you an idea: http://www.inlinexracing.com/

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '94 NSX
    wow inline x racing is impressive. I would love to have my name on making that in Perth!!! It's a shame he has no boot though. He should set up a nice intake box in the bonnet so he can have a boot and not need to cut the bumper.

My dream is this type of engineering. I would love to turn an NSX into a V8 UTE. Shape is there, possible ot lengthen chassis and move motor in the front!

to v8 ute NSX.

Don't boganise such a good car.

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Prelude VTi-R ATTS
    Yeah, I'd be the first to sign up for the lynch mob if someone did that. Why not just buy a V8 ute. Must be going pretty cheap over in WA these days.

Member Array
    Car:
    12.46@112mph H2
    if you want to do something different Hasport have the mount kits for K series engines for the 4th gen ludes
    Formerlly modproject

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1988 Prelude Si 4WS
    IIRC there is one 4th gen on PP that has done a FWD V6 swap but it sure didn't look simple (and I think the jury is still out on how that massive extra weight up front makes it handle):

http://preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276684

As everyone else has said, just swapping/boosting other Honda motors would be much more realistic.

Member Array
    Car:
    5th Gen Prelude
    So in summary, boosting the h23a is probably the best bet. Its lower compression helps.
    No other engine would beat that for value for money.

You dont want to go heavier up front, try to minimise the extra weight. The car and its suspension were designed together, so adding too much extra weight will only hamper things.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG, GC8
    Quote Originally Posted by CKEY View Post
    Does anyone know? I think the customer wants to put a V6 (RB26 I think he wants, but that seems too tall?) in the car.
    RB26 from a skyline? they are not v6 but inline 6