Thread: Hey everyone

Hey everyone

Hey everyone my names tom i live in the UK soon to be coming to aus to work, im a welder fabricator by trade or boilermaker your way. I own a green EK 1.6ls civic coupe and used to own a EK hatch that i put a D16a9 engine into and ran on cbr carbs.

One question i do have whats the deal with insurance, im hopeing for a vti coupe when i get over here im 19 2 yr NCB what am looking at paying?

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9
    Probably looking at at least $1500 for a little while (for fully comprehensive insurance). May be able to get it cheaper with places like JustCar (crippling excess, cheaper premiums), but it will come down each year as you get a bit older.

My (full comp) insurance was $2500 per year, because I'm 18 and my car is technically a 'sports coupe' or some crap. Found it for $1600 other places but the excess was too high. Best off just hunting around when you get here. Hope that helps.

Third party/fire and theft you're probably looking at about $400-$600.
    Bought from: Taleb Tyres, scyt7e

Thats cheap! I hope you relise how good you got it, in uk your looking at least £1500 guess thats about $3000?

Is it Vti coupe or Vei?

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9
    My car? Mines just a stock b18, no vtec.
    Bought from: Taleb Tyres, scyt7e

Welcome aboard,

Best thing to do in terms of getting quotes for insurance would be to do some online quotes if you have an idea of where you are going to live, given that you could be looking at anywhere from $400-$4000 depending on Insurer, Location and Cover.

Here are a few to start quoting.
    http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...e+Search&meta=
    I haven't driven a Honda in years. :/ Does my honda lawn mower and whipper snipper count?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    welcome...........do u knwo where u will be staying in aust????

melborne bud, can't wait to come the Uk is a joke.
    -www.civiclife.net-

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 97 hatchback
    welcome!

i am thinking of going over to the uk to work, but not anytime too soon...

If greedy goverments, high taxes, low paid work, ALOT of eastern workers (only over as we have free health care), extreme cost of motoring ( 90p per litre) is your thing then the uk can cover your needs
    -www.civiclife.net-