Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    hahahahahaha.

where they have to slow down for corners we will vtak them.
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi

V8 Homebush

The track goes around Olympic Park, past the big pit that is home to the green frog and past all the commercial enterprises. They are going to tear up all the trees that were planted for the Olympics (and replace them with new ones but obviously not in the same place).

The local councils and some groups are still against this going ahead. A report in an Auburn newspaper (one of the Councils) says there is growing concern but the Minister dismissed it as irrelevant. He obviously doesn't know that the majority of people don't want this but he will probably find out at the next election.

Rees just wants the bragging rights but he is also out of touch with reality. He has been hoodwinked by the minority (V8Supercars). Anyone who has ever watched a telecast knows you don't see much of the surrounding area but Rees claims it will be good for tourism. What a joke!

The law passed by the Government (it passed by one vote in the NSW senate as people like Rev. Fred Nile sold out to the Government as did the Family First and Shooter's Party) gives the V8Supercar group rights to circumvent many of the pollution and environmental laws people have fought hard to get through. It removes control of the Olympic Park area from that body and hands it to the V8Supercar group for the duration of the event so they can charge spectators whatever they like in admittance fees. This is one of the reaons they skipped Eastern Creek because the ARDC refused to pay the V8Supercar sanctioning fee which has been going up every year.

Once Holden and Ford tighten their corporate belts and pull back their sponsorship even further the V8Supercar group will be struggling to continue.

All my own opinions of course.

Peter
    Still here. Still kickin'

It will be the final race of the championship year....its replacing oran park.
    cant wait to watch it live with all the bogans

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 s15 spec r
    It will be good if they open the track to the public! Going around the street circuit would be interesting...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Black Stallion
    Traffic will be getting worse in Homebush bay drive and Silverwater road during the race.

they should open up the race and have a mix of other cars in the race... Class A - V8 supercars, Class B - V6, turbos or other big cc, Class C- small NA like Honda, etc, Open class - porsche, ferarri, supra, nsx, etc that dont fall in any class

It would be interesting to see smaller class of cars giving the V8 a hard time

it would be nice to see other races televised. lol

The only time i see the porches etc is when they're at bathurst. Alot of other times they race there but don't get tele time. I prefer watching the porches race and over/undertake each other through the twisties rather then having to watch this massive tank of a car waiting for a straight to overtake the guy in front.

Member Array
    Car:
    Not a Honda anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdm_b16a View Post
    Ford have pulled nearly all their sponsorship except for a couple of teams, and Holden are struggling with their teams. They now have to deal with Walkinshaw as well, as he's just relieved Skaife of HRT. Holden have closed some of their factories since they are importing more cars now from places like Korea.
    Holden want Walkinshaw running Holden Motorsport. This was planned all aling and the paper shuffle into Marks name was to dodge the liquidation proceedings of Arrows back in the UK. Skaife was also well looked after for his loyalty to the corporation.
    Competition Systems
    Motorsport Electronics
    Magneti Marelli, Jenvey and Digitek Corse
    Melbourne, Australia
    www.compsystems.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    Not a Honda anymore.
    Once Holden and Ford tighten their corporate belts and pull back their sponsorship even further the V8Supercar group will be struggling to continue.

All my own opinions of course.

Peter
    And also once the state govt's start realising that the Clipsal 500 is the only street race that's ever made money.

Remove the govt handouts and the Ford/GM cash trough and they don't have a business left.
    Competition Systems
    Motorsport Electronics
    Melbourne, Australia
    www.compsystems.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    Not a Honda anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonGilholme View Post
    it would be nice to see other races televised. lol

The only time i see the porches etc is when they're at bathurst. Alot of other times they race there but don't get tele time. I prefer watching the porches race and over/undertake each other through the twisties rather then having to watch this massive tank of a car waiting for a straight to overtake the guy in front.
    Porsches are too common. You need to get on this.

Australian GT Championship
    Competition Systems
    Motorsport Electronics
    Melbourne, Australia
    www.compsystems.com.au

only common in the rear view, behind ur cars pat

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    I'm curious what people's reactions are to this event, to be held late 2009 around the streets of Homebush?

I would be interested in comments, both for and against, or even if you don't care one way or the other.

Peter
    I don't know what Homebush is like, but I think it will be a good thing for the sport, just like Townsville.

The Townsville race will be as big as Indy on the Goldy.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F