Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2001 honda s2000 import

Vibration noted at track day

Hi,
    Recently did a track day at eastern creek with driving solutions I high recommend it was awesome! And was the only Honda! Someone come with me next time! The instructor advised me of a vibration in the rear and he thinks it drive train of some kind, possible diff and only when acceleration. I have inspected under neath nothing obvious. Anyone had a similar problem or any ideas?

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    Nice too see another S2000 hit the tracks! Good stuff mate.
    Vibrations could be anything from a wheel aligment to a wheel bearing or a loose nut!!! :O
    It's hard to say but how bad is the vibration is it on low and high speed or just as soon as you punch the accelerator?
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Member Array
    Car:
    2001 honda s2000 import
    Thanks,
    I am going to get a wheel alignment soon. It’s not a loose nut. Its not major major and yes only when I am going a bit hard but the instructor said it’s something you want to find. I will try and get it checked out but I feel its going to be one of those things where to start looking and how to test for it.

mostlikely wheel alignment, from dumpage.
    '12 PWP Tree Hugging Machine
    '99 GPW S2000
    '99 CW DC2R

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2001 S2000
    mine is also showing a vibration. seeing its still under warranty, getting honda to check it out this week. Hope its not the diff, cause I only feel it under hard acceleration.

if it is the diff, i hope this is covered under warranty..!!
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

S2Krazy Array
    If your diff is rooted, sell it to me realllly cheap under replacement warranty LOL.
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

Member Array
    Car:
    s2k
    i think its your bearing wearing out, go and get it swapped opposite right to left vise versa so it wears out evenly happens when you dump the car from camber

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    Do you have aftermarket rims? Maybe you need a Hub Centric ring, or if slammed it could be your shafts as well lol too many shit
    I had vibration while ago but it went away
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Member Array
    Car:
    2001 honda s2000 import
    Hum,
    MRK-01 Keep us updated. I have stock black rims but it does have lowered spoon springs. I might start with the wheel alignment and get under the car and have another good look.

I had the same problem, vibrations under acceleration, if you lift off the throttle it goes away. does not happen during braking, deceleration or slowing down. Friend also had the same problem in his S2000. Started occurring after a track day, guess it was due to the heavy load during track sessions.

Is your car lowered? Or has it been lowered in the past? The fix was to swap around the rear Inner CV's. Once this is done your problem should be fixed. It is a common problem on lowered S2000s.

Should take about an hour, and about $150.

Let us know how you go.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2001 S2000
    Your explanation is perfect..!! When on full load, usually in VTEC range it shakes its ass off..!! Didnt go down well with a prospective buyer..!!

I have been very careful with this beast, so I would not think the rim's are in any way buckled. If they are, I have a second OEM set I will test out(one set black other Grey).

I have booked it into Honda tomorrow, so hopefully they wont charge through the nose.....Had to take all the gear off it..!! Whiteline Engine lower engine brace, front stut support, Exhaust, CAI....Even took out the heavy duty sway bars. The only thing I didnt change were the springs. I bet the warranty is null and void..

The extended Honda warranty I hope will cover this, but if no luck I will have to fork out$$$$ 150 isnt a prob, will wait on what Honda say.

It has HR springs now, the ride hieght is down about an inch, so I would think it has something to do with the CV's from what you all describe. I have an original clutch so I would not think that could affect the diff in such a way.

Will advise soon.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MRK-01 View Post
    When on full load, usually in VTEC range it shakes its ass off..!!
    Yep the car starts vibration and shaking, and it gets worse and worse. It was actually a puzzling problem as well! I originally thought it could be
    - Diff
    - Brakes
    - Wheel Alignment
    - Buckled wheels
    - Gearbox

Lucky after much research I decided to swap the inner cvs around and it was $150 well spent. Felt like new again, once fixed.
    Last edited by CONAN; 17-12-2008 at 01:13 PM.