Member Array
    Car:
    CBR600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by DC2108 View Post
    lolz got a 07 125rs the ok looks good gos ok
    yes the sound like shit !
    btw anyone noe where or how to service these this
    whats good oils etc
    I believe 07 models are restricted, but I might be wrong.

Easiest way to check is lift up your fuel tank and look behind the right frame and check if there is a solenoid to activate the exhaust valve. And also look for blanking plate on the exhaust manifold where the valve should fit.

Also, does your RS have a flat spot between 5-6,000 revs? if so than it has a restricted CDI unit as well.

For service, if you are in Sydney, go to RB racing in tarren point. As for the oil, only use the best full synthetic oil you can get (Motul 710 or Castrol TTS racing will do just fine). Also dont forget to warm it up before every ride (until you have 2-3 bars on the water temp gauge)

Quote Originally Posted by D4rk4n63l View Post
    I believe 07 models are restricted, but I might be wrong.

Easiest way to check is lift up your fuel tank and look behind the right frame and check if there is a solenoid to activate the exhaust valve. And also look for blanking plate on the exhaust manifold where the valve should fit.

Also, does your RS have a flat spot between 5-6,000 revs? if so than it has a restricted CDI unit as well.

For service, if you are in Sydney, go to RB racing in tarren point. As for the oil, only use the best full synthetic oil you can get (Motul 710 or Castrol TTS racing will do just fine). Also dont forget to warm it up before every ride (until you have 2-3 bars on the water temp gauge)
    How's the petrol consumption on you're RS125?

Member Array
    Car:
    cupacino
    lolz yeah it was me next to ya place
    im noobi just got the bike plus it was cold so yeh

Quote Originally Posted by D4rk4n63l View Post
    It does require rebuild every 20,000 kms or so, maybe more often if you don't take care of it. Based on my research, its around $400 in parts (that's including new barrel, piston, bearings and gasket set). Also, 2 stroke engine is very simple, so if you are quite handy with tools, all you need is one half afternoon and a workshop manual..

oh, did I say it loves to be trashed..
    i am looking at getting one...currently have a 2 stroke scooter and love the powerband , just need a manual gearbocx attached to it and im happy lol.
    The derestricted RS125 sports 33 BHP according to the books , and hammers apparently.
    If 400 per 20,000ks with normal use is all it takes then im happy. DIY guy can do it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    Quote Originally Posted by DC2108 View Post
    lolz yeah it was me next to ya place
    im noobi just got the bike plus it was cold so yeh
    haha come out for a ride with us then.

i picked up my cbr250rr not long ago either.

Quote Originally Posted by .::F[L]Y::. View Post
    haha come out for a ride with us then.

i picked up my cbr250rr not long ago either.
    Yeah Fly is to slow he cant keep up LOL

Nah come riding with us

Member Array
    Car:
    cupacino
    how do i unrestricted the bike lolz
    yes dos have a flat spot

Member Array
    Car:
    CBR600RR
    not too sure about the 07 model, but for up to 06 model, you need to cut a 'bridge' inside the CDI unit. This bridge was put in place so that the bike can pass euro 2 emission regulation and can be produced. But I also informed that the newer model CDI unit does not have this bridge, so to cut off the limiter you will need it reprogrammed.

As for making it fully unrestricted you will need the 'RAVE' unit which is exhaust valve system. I'm not too sure how much a RAVE kit cost, but you will need the RAVE control unit, RAVE valve and the solenoid. The system opens up the valve when the engine reaches 7000 rpm. You can tell that the system works by feeling a slight jerk when it goes above 7000rpm, oh and it sounds a bit different too

Also if you take a look at the airbox snorkel, one of the holes should be blocked on your bike, you need to cut this open and then install a bigger jet to compensate for more air intake.

To add a bit more you can have a look at aftermarket exhaust, the stock exhaust is pretty good so most people only get around 3-5hp gain from it.. so its up to you

With my unrestricted RS125 I get around 23-25km/L or just a bit under 5L/100km.

Member Array
    Car:
    cupacino
    oh ok thanks guys im so noob to all this