Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2007 civic type r

New Civic Type R from VW r32..

Hey all,

Just Purchased a BLACK 2007 Civic type R and traded in my golf R32.

Joined the cult which you all know as HONDA! haha

Definiately a change for me but dont regret it at all, am completely satisfied with my purchased and love driving the car!

First thoughts of the new civic type R, its really comfortable to drive, practical, head turner, for the right reasons i hope. Although abit more torque and KW wouldve been good I satisfied with the its power output being a n/a 2.0L. Dang! only if they put the S2000 engine in it. Looks wise, i guess its not for everyone but I like it.

Plans for my car; Nothing Mods wise just cosmetic stuff. Am planning lowering mine (coilovers) probs 1.5" or just 2" with black 18" Konig race wheels. and maybe whack in a sub for extra bass.

Hoping to put some pics up or youtube vids soon when I've put the wheels on.

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla AE92
    Does it feel like a big change going from an R32 Golf to a CTR? I know R32's are pretty decent cars ect. How does it compare with the current cars around corners?

Im guessing it'll leave it for dead on the straights.

'grats on the purchase

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1, Impreza, GE6
    yea...wudnt the 32 have a better cornering than the r?

Member Array
    Car:
    Lollerskates
    More like, wouldn't the R32 have better everything than the FN2R..

Bit late for April Fools is it not?
    DLUG Racing

Banned Array
    At Your Local Shopping center picking up 15 year olds!
    Car:
    DC5-S
    So why did you tade in a r32 v6 AWD for a civic???

Member Array
    Car:
    Tanaka Horushi - Z
    funny........you buy a honda and hop onto a honda board and reaslise your old car was a better car...........AHHAHahha.

Now theres some true honest ppl on here.

MKIV R32 is by far more sexy than an FN2...........and the exhaust note alone of the R32 is to die for.............lets leave it at that and not go into the handling points.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2007 civic type r
    The Civic has better handling for sure. The r32 was just a heavy car, but dont get me wrong it still it still had great handling for a nose heavy car. The civic feels like the steering is more responsive. Definiately better in that respect.

Cant compare the power it was a AWD v6 as one of you guys mentioned.

I traded it in cos of the running costs. Petrol, servicing just to much. Thats a cost of a euorpean top of the line car i guess.

The R32 was an awesome car, but had to let it go. I love the new civic though m satisfied with the switch.

Would have kept the r32 if i no other expenses! but thats not going to happen.

Banned Array
    Car:
    DC5-S
    [QUOTE=SIRFN2;2047624]Cant compare the power it was a AWD v6 as one of you guys mentioned.

I traded it in cos of the running costs. Petrol, servicing just to much. Thats a cost of a euorpean top of the line car i guess.

Urm........Yeah, Welcome To Oz honda I guess, hope to see you at one of the meets next year.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2007 civic type r
    Yeh i had the 2004 r 32. best sound ever but it cost too much to run! Heaps better looking than the Mk5 r32.

Thats the only reason why i traded the car.

Dont think the r32 was a better car, cant compare the 2 because there in different classes. Like comparing apples and oranges.

Banned Array
    Car:
    DC5-S
    The owner of the servo next to where I work owns a 2004 R32, and it outdoes my car in everythingggggggg, but i like the civics to, everytime i see one i just wanna pick it up and put it over my head like a helmet and walk around saying "I Am ROBOCOP" Or "Optimus Prime comming through bitchessss"

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2007 civic type r
    Just personal perference i guess.