Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR

Launch Specs - For the lazy People

Hoping this would give others a guideline.... post em up!

60ft -
    Launch RPM -
    HP/KW @ Launch RPM -
    TQ @ Launch RPM -
    Car Weight -
    Tyres -
    Comment -
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    ok i'll start lol.

60ft - 2.576
    Launch RPM - 4500 (launch control limited)
    HP/KW @ Launch RPM - 52wkw
    TQ @ Launch RPM - 2000 newtons
    Car Weight - 1210kg + 90kg driver
    Tyres - 205 50 15 Toyo Proxes 4
    Comment - low rev launch on B16 is bad mmk....

60ft - 2.262
    Launch RPM - 5500 (launch control disabled)
    HP/KW @ Launch RPM - 67wkw
    TQ @ Launch RPM - 2100 newtons
    Car Weight - 1210kg + 90kg driver
    Tyres - 205 50 15 Toyo Proxes 4
    Comment - low rev launch on B16 is bad mmk....

would have tried 6500rpm before my engine shat itself
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

60ft - 2.2
    Launch RPM - 3.500 or so
    HP/KW @ Launch RPM - 0 ?
    TQ @ Launch RPM - ?
    Car Weight - 995 + 85kg driver
    Tyres - RE001
    Comment - just how is kw and torque relevant lol ? unless you have a dyno printout in 1st gear which you can line up and get the rough numbers -

Member Array
    Car:
    S14,s15,s2000
    please dont take this the wrong way but this thread is pretty useless in my opinion.
    most people will read n say oh yeah my cars a crx im going to go launch at 5k rpm like he did and get a 2.2 sixty footer .
    they wont factor in clutch release technique , suspension setup , tyre pressures , track temperatures , track surface , driver ability etc.

maybe if u add a few more bits of info from your timeslip as well as psi in tyres and launch technique it will make this thread a fair bit more of a guide rather than a "my car can launch like this" thread

Member Array
    Car:
    '11 WRX
    he is probably going off his dyno sheet. kw at xx rpm in fourth gear where it is 1:1 just for argument sake first gear is 4:1 multiply 4 by xx Kw. I think that is what he is getting at

Member Array
    Car:
    delsol crx
    no it doesnt work like that either.. different cars different gear ratios... this thread is abit hows it going

Member Array
    Car:
    Crew for Hi-Comp Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by SHW.70Y View Post
    please dont take this the wrong way but this thread is pretty useless in my opinion.
    most people will read n say oh yeah my cars a crx im going to go launch at 5k rpm like he did and get a 2.2 sixty footer .
    they wont factor in clutch release technique , suspension setup , tyre pressures , track temperatures , track surface , driver ability etc.

maybe if u add a few more bits of info from your timeslip as well as psi in tyres and launch technique it will make this thread a fair bit more of a guide rather than a "my car can launch like this" thread
    Milad speaks the truth. Not having a go at Milad but he knows first hand how you need to test over and over again until you find what works for YOU. When he first started he had no idea but now he has a fair idea of what works and what doesn't work for his car. Each car is different and will require a different launching technique.

When it comes to running quick 60ft times there is more than 1 way to skin a cat.

Member Array
    Car:
    S14,s15,s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpy rooster View Post
    Milad speaks the truth. Not having a go at Milad but he knows first hand how you need to test over and over again until you find what works for YOU. When he first started he had no idea but now he has a fair idea of what works and what doesn't work for his car. Each car is different and will require a different launching technique.

When it comes to running quick 60ft times there is more than 1 way to skin a cat.
    so damn true on the 15inch mickry thompsons i can come out n run high 2.1 sixtys and 14.1 passes all day every day
    down sizing to 14s ive had to relearn how to launch , what rpm it likes to leave the line at , tyre pressures sussy setting hahaha so begins the journey of 09 lol

> this thread is abit hows it going

I'm keen to know what combinations & philosophies work to get good launches.

A bit of edumacation can go a long way.

Nick.
    Last edited by nd55; 22-12-2008 at 10:53 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    delsol crx
    ye i agree though if we modify the thread a little bit it could serve its purpose.. because its abit unclear etc... dont ask me for ideas though lol

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R Series 2
    I'm no expert and since owning my latest converted EG I have had five runs down the quarter - each slower than the one before. Each time I have lined up for another crack I have pondered the same old stuff. Hard, high-rpm launch with controllable wheelspin and guess change into second (risks - clutch slip, 'burnout', wheel-hop, change gear too early), mid-rpm launch with a slip of the clutch rather than a dump (risks - bogging down, slow start) or street-start/low rpm (risks - slow start, wait for VTEC or boost to come in, bad 60ft).

In any case, you'll need lots of practice, a good clutch (mine's had it!) and if you go for M/T or the like, a good burnout to warm things up.

For my car, one high rpm launch on M/T's almost cooked the clutch. A second crack at Willowbank last Wed nite with 5500rpm on board an no tyre warming was axle-tramp city an brought a slow 60ft time (clutch wasn't helping). A slightly higher 6300rpm launch was last and would have been my best run (according to the timeslip) had I not inched forward on the clutch, crossing the timing beam (by a foot or so) and messing up my run.

Another trick for a better run and especially a better 60ft time is slowly inching up to the line and starting you car at the back of the 300mm space where the second staging light comes on. This means you are already mobile for up to 300mm before crossing the line and tripping the laser which begins timing your run. It will only makes a difference of up to a tenth or so but every bit counts...

Now if only I can remember all of this next time I line up at the start (with a new clutch!)...
    iijjee
    Turbos Torque... VTEC Speaks!