Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Car:
    04 Accord EURO
    didnt one euro member on here got his diff broken?

Quote Originally Posted by Suntzu View Post
    Most retarded thread ever. Nuff Said.
    Why did you look at it again?

Quote Originally Posted by Suntzu View Post
    Let me clarify my earlier statement. This thread starts out like:

I need a final drive.
    Whats a final drive.
    get a turbo.
    Final Drive has more DinO PowA
    No it doesnt.
    Total confusion over basic concept = Tardness

Now I think a final drive has merit. I would only do it if I could retain the overall ratios for 5th and 6th for crusing. That would mean higher 5/6

4000rpm in 6th at 110kph is not good for anyone or the car unless is a dedicated track car. That being said there are some at acurazine with it.

But a lower 1/2/3 gear would kick arse.

Makes me think about LSD, but then again a mazda 3sp and a Astra VXR and Focus XR6 dont have LSD and drive fine with a lot of torque so dunno about the euro..
    Quote Originally Posted by ndeuro_ View Post
    lol well how about you go buy one, try to install it and tell us if it fits and if theres any power gain. no point of you sitting here trying to get answers from people who dont even have it. i agree with suntzu
    Hi Suntzu! Total confusion over basic concept = Tardness You are so right! However you left out part of the equation

It's more like:

Total confusion over basic concept = Tardness = Suntzu

You do seem to be totally confused about the basic concept of a forum! I believe how a forum basically works is like this:

1. Someone doesnt know something BUT would like to find some information
    2. After realising there isn't easy access to a book on absolutely everything you want (please note self-help books do exist, perhaps visit your local library) you have to find other alternatives
    3. This is where the crazy concept of a forum comes in handy. So the person who is looking for information comes here to make a post.
    4. After a post is made people who may have some information about the topic respond. Those who don't or aren't interested i.e. you, keep their mouths shut because you know very well you DONT know everything and you use the forum for the same purpose. So unless you want people to be rude to you just like you were so lamely rude to Adrian Euro you really should think about what you say!

Also, can I just add that you clearly aren't in any state to make any comment about a confusing thread considering you firstly say the thread is lame and then make a pathetic attempt to offer your very unwanted opinion. A final drive may have merit but you certainly do not!

ndeuro, much of this comment can be applied to what you said as well

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Accord EURO
    lol seriously just look at what you just said. from comments so far from other members. its clearly stated that no one had changed their final drive in the euro. there for knowledge does not equal to experience. no point asking people for things you can easily google up. its just a lazy way out. theres clearly at least 3 or 4 people have explained on the first page that what would happen if you change your final drive. and speaking on my own behalf and not anyone else, i think its stupid for you to post something like that in Adrian_Euro's thread. i dont see any useful comment. as for myself. im only doing it in reply to what u have said above.

ps i believe that what i wrote is not considered as "rude"

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I'm not naming names, but get back on topic or this thread will be closed. Doesn't matter if someone is trying to do something silly, it is a final drive discussion thread after all.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6
    Quote Originally Posted by secksy View Post
    Why did you look at it again?

Hi Suntzu! Total confusion over basic concept = Tardness You are so right! However you left out part of the equation

It's more like:

Total confusion over basic concept = Tardness = Suntzu

You do seem to be totally confused about the basic concept of a forum! I believe how a forum basically works is like this:

1. Someone doesnt know something BUT would like to find some information
    2. After realising there isn't easy access to a book on absolutely everything you want (please note self-help books do exist, perhaps visit your local library) you have to find other alternatives
    3. This is where the crazy concept of a forum comes in handy. So the person who is looking for information comes here to make a post.
    4. After a post is made people who may have some information about the topic respond. Those who don't or aren't interested i.e. you, keep their mouths shut because you know very well you DONT know everything and you use the forum for the same purpose. So unless you want people to be rude to you just like you were so lamely rude to Adrian Euro you really should think about what you say!

Also, can I just add that you clearly aren't in any state to make any comment about a confusing thread considering you firstly say the thread is lame and then make a pathetic attempt to offer your very unwanted opinion. A final drive may have merit but you certainly do not!

ndeuro, much of this comment can be applied to what you said as well
    LOL. You made the " Buy a turbo " stupid comment and then you write this long diatribe about me commenting on the silly way this thread started. Of which you are the main contributor to the stupidness?
    Theres no confusing to me about what a final drive is, read my post properly before making an even bigger arse of yourself here.
    Get a clue and a life or better still find another forum.

Back on topics heres a few threads it took all of 20 seconds to find...

http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/show...ht=drive+final

http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/show...ht=drive+final
    I went to the modded XR5 Turbo with Mods - the dark side.....BOOOOST!

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    Close the thread anyway, the question has been answered a few times
    CL9 Euro Luxury

Toda - 127kW | Wakefield - 1:19.1 | WSID - 15.4

QUALITY K-SERIES AND CL9 EURO PARTS FOR SALE

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by INVSBL View Post
    if the dyno doesn't know wat the gears are, then it cant accurately give a representation of wheel kw, u will get a gain or lose depending on if the ratio is shorter or higher, but techniquelly, its not there.
    dyno gives power reading at the wheels... its exactly that... at the wheels... doesnt matter what your gearbox is doing...

Quote Originally Posted by integral90 View Post
    Adrian the final drive is the final gear in your gearbox. It changes the overall speed of the final output speed of a gear (the final drive). If the ratio is higher, like the EuroR's 4.75 to the CL9's 4.38 (I think that's what Aaron said it was) then it takes approximately another .4 revolutions of the engine to make 1 revolution of the driveshaft, thus the engine needs to spin more to get the wheels to move the same speed, giving you a lower top speed in each gear.

The reason you want a shorter final drive is so the car can throw itself through each gear quicker because the gear isn't as long. But usually the shorter final drive is used in the Type R's where they're tuned for high rpm and they don't want to fall out of peak power after a shift. The K24A makes it's max torque at 4500rpm, and after a redline shift from 1st into 2nd you fall basically (I do) right back to 4500rpm. The CL9 box is pretty well suited to the power curve of the engine and I don't think the EuroR final drive would give you much benefit at all.
    very true... stock K24A3 makes most power between 4500-6800rpm... shortening your final drive in most circumstances will take you out of the rev range... unless you drive around at 6000rpm all day...

Quote Originally Posted by Crapdaz View Post
    final drive is a waste to change IMO unless you are going to track your car or quarter mile which then results in different final drive selection.
    so unless your car is a daily track monster then don't bother wasting your money my 2c
    cruising on the highway will be like 3500rpm in 6th gear lmao...

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Using your example to get to a 60km/h limit, the stock 4.388 final drive will be quicker because you can reach close to 60km/h using just 1st gear. With a shorter final drive, you have to shift into 2nd. Same if you were going up to 100km/h, you can just barely get there in 2nd gear with the 4.388 but you would need 3rd gear with a shorter final drive.
    yep!

4.3 final drive equals quicker 0-100 (ur still in second when u hit 100)

4.7 final drive equals quicker 1/4 mile (ur well into third when u finish)

Quote Originally Posted by secksy View Post
    Buy a turbo
    read up about installing a turbo on a DBW CL9 before making comments like that...and he asked whether a CL7 final drive would fit in his euro, not what performance mods people think he should get...

IMO - final drive costs way too much if you dont have the mods to support it (dont forgot your looking at around $500-600 for install) for the money youd see better gains (accel + performance + economy) getting an intake and headers...
    Last edited by EUR003act; 21-12-2008 at 11:21 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by EUR003act View Post
    dyno gives power reading at the wheels... its exactly that... at the wheels... doesnt matter what your gearbox is doing...

very true... stock K24A3 makes most power between 4500-6800rpm... shortening your final drive in most circumstances will take you out of the rev range... unless you drive around at 6000rpm all day...

cruising on the highway will be like 3500rpm in 6th gear lmao...

yep!

4.3 final drive equals quicker 0-100 (ur still in second when u hit 100)

4.7 final drive equals quicker 1/4 mile (ur well into third when u finish)

read up about installing a turbo on a DBW CL9 before making comments like that...and he asked whether a CL7 final drive would fit in his euro, not what performance mods people think he should get...

IMO - final drive costs way too much if you dont have the mods to support it (dont forgot your looking at around $500-600 for install) for the money youd see better gains (accel + performance + economy) getting an intake and headers...
    rofl....
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9