Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo

GT2560r (aka GT28r)

I actually dont know much about high flowing. Feel pretty nub for not knowing lol. Anyways i wanna boost my civic to 20psi, the setups ready for it but i recently went from t04e (poo turbo) to my gt28rs which i love and i wanna see if i could keep it and push it to 20psi if it was high flowed. Otherwise ill splurge and get a gt30r or something. the gt28rs needs a service in a couple months anyways so i thought i would get it high flowed at the same time. Or i could get the rear exhaust wheel changed apparently to push the turbo that bit further. Anyone know what exhaust wheel i would need to get that type of Pressure?
    Last edited by FastFwd; 15-04-2009 at 08:02 AM.
    Fastfwd Photoshoot cover pic Click here!

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    well the gt28rs (disco potato) standard will not to be high flowed as sr20's can run easily 20psi on their motors. the thing you got to think of is can your motor handle 20psi?

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    Nah my motors fine...I've rebuilt it to handle upto 25psi but i would like to run it at 20psi to be safe.

Sr20's cant run 20psi on a stock motor? Black tops are rated at 18psi max and thats pushing it. I'm pushing my s15 to 15psi with a gt28rs also and i wouldnt push it further.

I've been told that most gt28's can only take upto 15psi? unless you get the larger exhaust housing like the 2871r's

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    my black top with stage 1 greddy cams

on 18psi made about 240

disco with a .64 housing

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    240kw?

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    yep.. want a dyno graph?

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    ahh yeh nah thats bout right i was jsut making sure you were talkin bout HP or KW...i got 320hp atw's which is about the same...

Anyways does anyone know how much i can push a gt28 or a gt28rs to? and how would i get it to run 20psi?

Votek were u running ur gt28rs with .64 housing at 18psi? was it fine? you think you could have taken it to 20psi being safe?

> yep.. want a dyno graph?

can you post it on the forum?
    Knowing where a turbo spools is a very common question.

Nick.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    Yeh if you got one that would be great?

I havent got a recent dyno sheet so i couldnt tell ya.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    Hey what about t28bb turbo's are the much similar to my gt28 cos i got a mate who wants to do a similar thing.

Member Array
    Car:
    Land Barge
    curious, how does the gt28rs go on a high reving motor. I hit 1.4bar on the odd occasion. SR20 equiped with t28bb. It's fun but far from fast. The snail runs out of puff just before 6,000rpm. That's vtec for most of you. =/.

IMO, bigger turbo ftw.
    Econo Box pimping ain't easy.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9, eg, n360,
    can we get ur dyno sheet plz fastfwd. i got a s13 im driving atm. and it runs 20 psi on stock turbo... only thing is ecu lets it down u get a little lag then it comes good

i think u should give united fuel injection a call (there in WA) and ask them how much they will do it those guys do some of turbotechs work but there a bit cheaper and they just as good i know a few guys there.. price may sway what u wana do.